“Sloppy”

Capri Bar and Eatery
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Took my wife for a birthday meal. We ordered small plates only but when they came instead of being on separate plates they were all slopped together on one big platter. This meant some of the dressings mixed together, pieces of pork were found under pieces of fish and pate stuck on chicken. Also most of the sauces that were supposed to come with them were not present.

The waitress was very friendly and efficient, we didn't complain to her as it was clearly a chefs decision to make our food look like it was a cheap platter.

The food was average, nothing to rave about. Fish goujons were greasy, calamari was supposed to be 'dusted' but was covered in some sticky sauce. Arancini balls were really nice though. Shame really as its a nice looking place inside and because of where it is the weekend traffic is minimal so it really needs to up its game.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Went here with a few colleagues for lunch and chose items off the express menu.m the selection of 3 items was ok and at $15 seemed reasonable, until the haloumi salad arrived. Half a cup of salad leaves, too much onion and pepper and three measly strips of fried haloumi! I was staggered at how minimal this was in comparison to the other meals, another colleague also ordered the salad and it was also miserable, three mouthfuls and it was gone! I complained to the waitress whose feedback was that haloumi is very expensive, it's not that expensive! Anyway she brought some extra lettuce leaves and more onion! She also gave us free coffees which was nice, but all I wanted was a value for money lunch, we did not get this. You would be better going around the corner to Juniper, where I went the next day for a much superior lunch.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We had birthday drinks here for my girlfriend last night. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, the complimentary platters were great and their attentiveness to the 26 of us was first class.

Thanks so much!

Friends of ours had dinner there and really enjoyed the food too and we're looking forward to coming in for dinner soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had stayed away from this restaurant in the past based on some unfavourable reviews on TripAdvisor - so we were pleasantly surprised when we did go! The food was lovely - their arancini were the best I've ever tasted - worth going just for these!! The service was friendly and the decor was relaxed/smart - perfect place to hide away from the winter Wellington weather with a warming meal after work. I would recommend and will return!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We ate here for a quiet evening out in the city. Walking in the decor was welcoming and tasteful. The staff friendly, attentive and informative. We were disappointed to hear that a few choices had been removed from the menu but there was still plenty to choose from.
I had small plates for starter and main, whilst my husband had a small followed by a large. This suited our different eating styles and there was certainly plenty of food. Deserts were also wonderful and not huge so provided a lovely end to the dining experience.