“Great wine”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Aylesbury
“Great wine”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We visited this restaurant at the beginning of December and it was fantastic. From the starters to the desserts, the meal was faultless, beautifully presented and the portions were just right-I hate being over faced. We chose Ned Pinot Gris which was one of the best wines I had during our tour of New Zealand, very peachy and not like some of the other Pinot wines. Service was good though admittedly there were only two other couples in the restaurant. It was the best meal during our three week tour of New Zealand. Very surprised at some of the bad reviews, we had nothing but good things to say about our meal.

• Visited December 2012

Wellington, New Zealand
“Something has gone wrong...”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

A few months back Capri was a favourite. Usually once a month for lunch. The food was good. The service was great.

I visited with a friend recently and we had the set lunch, which was quite frankly, horrible.

The steak was lying bleeding on a pile of mash potato and my pasta was some bits of chicken and bacon swimming in a literal soup of sauce. The service was mediocre.

Gone is the outgoing maître de and the delicious food. What is left is a mere shadow of its former self.

• Visited November 2012
Auckland NZ
“Worst meal of my life”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff were lovely, atomsphere ok. Food-very disappointing. Got a steak which had been cut in half, maybe because I wanted it well done so it was cooked that way?? garlic potato, I'm sure it wasn't real garlic but paste and lot had been put in! Bowl of vegetables - luke warm courgettes nothing else. Couldn't eat my meal and all I got was I'll tell the kitchen staff. Had to pay full price for an uneatable meal

• Visited November 2012
Christchurch
“Great meal, went twice”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Great unique restaurant with very accommodating helpful staff. Our first meal at Capri was lunch and we were impressed enough by the food and service we went back a couple of nights later for dinner. Both times service was attentive and the food tasted great. Steak at dinner was perfectly cooked and the churros are amazing. Really enjoyed Capri and will be back next time in Wellington.

Wellington, New Zealand
“Great staff...”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The staff were very friendly. Service was excellent. The main course was tasteless. The vegetables were overcooked.

• Visited October 2012