“very disappointed”

Capri Bar and Eatery
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My friend and I had popped into Wellington for a bite to eat before heading home. We had an entertainment voucher for Capri so we decided that the menu and restaurant looked nice. The decor was beautiful.

We were seated quickly and the waiting staff were great, very friendly and quick to give us water and menus.

We both love vegetarian food, especially risotto so we both plumped for the wild mushroom risotto with hazelnut mascapone Sounded great!

However, when our meals arrived we couldn't believe our eyes! It came in a vast bowl but the risotto was a very unappealing colour (brown) with no visible mushroom at all. It looked thoroughly unappetizing. It looked like a bowl of cooked mince. It was tepid at best and the rice was still crunchy! I know risotto is meant to have a bit of bite but this was unpleasantly raw!! There was no flavour at all, I couldn't taste any form of mushroom.

Neither of us finished (surprise!)

We left pretty quickly. Thankfully the meals were bought with an entertainment card so a free second meal, otherwise I would be very cross to pay the $20 they wanted!!

Will not be going back, very disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Capri Bar and Eatery

Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Service was average, no vibe, atmosphere class, hell no customers and it was a friday night! Dont ask for a wine recommendation as they will push the most expensive wine on the menu. Was there with a regular who gives the place another month.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Had lunch at Capri for the first time - great restaurant! I had the steak and my fiancé had the venison, both were done to our desired level and were beautiful in both flavour and presentation. Would be a great restaurant for an evening meal - we will definately be back:)

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Great, friendly bar. Excellent service and selection of wine and bar food.

Funky feel (love the chairs) without being stark. Easily to have some groups or just a couple of people.

Great bartender and staff. Able to recommend variety of options and suggestions and add value to food and wine choices.

Breads were delicious. Highly recommend the Manu Reisling.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

We visited Capri for Saturday brunch. It’s conveniently located in the CBD, in an area where many cafes tend to close at the weekends, so it was a good option that particular day.

The brunch menu contained some fairly standard items, French toast, muesli, big breakfast etc, and some not so usual ones – fish of the day, corn fritters. I had the corn fritters which were tasty and full of corn. They came with crispy bacon, salsa and sour cream, and also rather oddly with commercial tomato sauce which I could have done without. My friend was satisfied with the big breakfast which includes eggs (fried, poached or scrambled), bacon, mushrooms, kransky and black pudding. The servings are large, although the prices are high which I guess comes with the central city location. Overall the meals were good, but nothing spectacular.

The service was excellent, with a cheerful and helpful waitress who appeared at appropriate moments. The ambience is pleasant, with unusual décor. The colours are vibrant and pretty, with some ornamental touches.

Not a place I’d make an effort to go to, but if I needed to meet with someone in that area, I’d be happy to suggest Capri as an option.