“Outstanding again”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2017

Great spot for a pre-dinner drink. Rose on your wine list was divine, service impeccable and frits on fleek!

Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Moules et frite in the Leuven was a large bowl of plump and succulent mussels. I chose the safron, garlic and tomato. It is served with frite (chips) and mayonnaise ......Belgian style.
Unfortunately for my waistline, there was a deal on on a Monday......double mussels for a $5 donation to charity. It seemed like a good cause but I could only eat half of the second dozen.
If you want a great feed of mussels, Belgian beer (the best) and super service, don't walk past the Leuven.
I will be back......probably for breakfast.

Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

Came here with the family for breakfast... Served by a very pleasant French lady and the service was fantastic!

The food was pretty average... Bacon was dry and tasteless, not even the kids ate theirs... Eggs also over cooked... No consistency, Not very pleasant in my view...

Not sure if I would return based purely on the food...

Reviewed July 14, 2017

A consistent standard greets you every time at the Leuven Belgium Beer Cafe in Wellington. On our visit I had the lamb shank pie and what a treat this is whenever I have it. It's obviously prepared in advance, but it is piping hot, tasty and well worth the visit, just to have this. My guest had the salmon and this is another regular dish on our visit. My guest can be known as a fussy eater, well amongst the family anyway, and this is a tasty and well sized meal. Service was very good, and even if the wait staff member may have been very early in her training, there had obviously been some very clear expectations communicated. A cold night in Wellington means hearty, warm food is a must.

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

Originally he p,an was just to pop in for a beer. And very nice beer it was too. But we saw the people next to us tuck into a pan of mussels, and, with the effects of the Leffe beer now being felt, decided to follow suit. There is in Paris a perfect Belgian beer and mussels venue (Au Trapiste, if you're passing). And this place very much reminded us of it. There is a range of mussels flavour options, including Dijon mustard. When they arrived we were stunned by the size of them. Huge fleshy mussels. A perfect start to a day that ended with the British and Irish Lions beating the All Blacks in the second test.