“Great night”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

Visited Leuven early evening as walk in guests. Good atmosphere with diners mixing in with people enjoying the great selection of beers. Menu gives all the information you need. We opted for the mussels which on arrival did not disappoint. Nice bottle of house white to wash them down. We didn't feel rushed and staff were on hand when needed. Paid using a travel top up card which was initially declined. Manager came to our table and assisted me to operate the card a different way which worked and saved me using cash. Excellent service!! Great value for money. Thanks.

Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

Had a sumptuous dinner of a pot of white wine mussels, beef steak cooked perfectly medium rare, and some desserts such as Apple crumble, waffles and brownie.

The food tastes great and served in decent portions. Goes well with their wide array of beer. Worth to visit

Reviewed June 2, 2017

We ate lunch here as part of a group of 10 booking. The cafe set aside a lovely private room for us which was much appreciated. To begin with the service was friendly and prompt. No complaitns whatsoever. In terms of the meals - a mixed bag. The pot of mussels with french fries was definetly the best meal of all that was ordered. I had the croque monsieur. I'm used to this being an open sandwich but here it was a toasted sandwich that was a bit soggy. 3/4 of the plate was salad but I must say I took it all home with me and ate it 10 hours later and it was wonderful which tells me the vegetables are very fresh and not saturated with dressing. Others tried the meatball sandwich (loved it) pancakes with mushrooms (so so) grilled fish of the day (loved it)
open mussels with mushrooms (okay), waffles with fruit and icecream (only ok because they cut the waffles into pieces and only provide a small amount of syrup). I'd still recommend Leuven as it has a nice ambiance, good service, reasonable food, good prices for Wellington.

Reviewed May 27, 2017

Leuven is a Belgian bar and restaurant that we visited on a rainy evening. We were shown to a table by the window. It was busy with tourists and locals. The waitress was cheery and efficient. We ordered white wine, chicken and duck vol-au-vents with new potatoes which was just right. We enjoyed our reasonably priced dinner.

1  Thank Sheilambutcher
Reviewed May 20, 2017

The mussels and fries were the most amazing I have ever had. We went here 2 days in a row for the huge green lipped mussels. I would have gone here every day if possible.