“Amazing personalized tour, they make you feel very special”
Review of Kiwi Coastal Tours

Kiwi Coastal Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Kiwi Coastal Tours. A trip with Craig and Kiwi Coastal Tours will not disappoint, from the start to the end you will be wanting more. Be prepared for a relaxing no rush journey around Wellington city, around the coast and along secluded beaches, take in the awesome scenic panoramas of Raukawa (Cook strait) and on a fine day views of the south island of New Zealand.Learn about the maori way of life pre-European to the present day,hear about the legends of the land and the way Maori used what nature provide for sustenance and as medicines.Safe off road sojourns are a special delight you will get to visit areas that even the locals rarely get to view, there is so much on offer with Craig and Kiwi Coastal Tours so bring a camera and a smile and Craig will throw in a cuppa tea or coffee at our designated rest area with toilet facilities and an awesome view. Be prepared for an enjoyable three (3) hours. Did I mention the wild animals ? I have a reliable vehicle that transports 5 (five) persons comfortably or 6 (six) at a push. I am a one man operation so you get me and only me. Looking forward to having you share this experience with me. Regards Craig Stoddart
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I am a single traveller so it is usually very difficult to book a tour but Gary was ver accomidating. One tip- be sure to pay in cash as he does not accept credit cards His wife joined the tour this time and they both were so friendly and accomidating. Gary started the tour by asking what I had seen in Wellington already so that he could customize the tour. We then went to the Parliment buildings where he began with a Maori greeting explaining what it meant. I took the 3 hour tour and it was wonderful. He takes you on private land for some amazing scenerary of both the mountains down to the ocean. I was even able to hand feed some deer, so much fun. The tour in front of us just stopped and took pictures and moved on, Gary actually calls the deer out He will take the tour at your pace spending as much or as little time at each stop as you like ( within the allotted time). Stopped in his cafe for some hot coffee and wonderful baked goods. Then at the end of the tour he gives you a special gift. I had a wonderful time and would recommend the tour to anyone wanting to see something other than a typical city tour.

1  Thank msuivyci
Garykiel123, Owner at Kiwi Coastal Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Kia ora and thank you for your wonderful review of our tour together and I am so pleased that you enjoyed yourself as well.
I try to make the experience one that you will always remember. The little extra's like the deer, off the beaten track sights and the seals all help as well as the cultural aspects of the maori people that so many of my manuhiri (guests) enjoy.
It was also a pleasure to share the tour with my wife who sends her regards to you.
Nga mihinui kia koe

in 26 reviews
"south coast"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We would like to thank Gary again for the wonderful Tour and the wonderful day with him. We have experienced an unforgettable day with him. This tour is simply remarkable and you should not miss. We had booked the grand tour and the time flew by. Gary has brought us very close to Wellington. To have met his very sympathetic wife was a great pleasure. Furthermore, we could enjoy in Garys Cafe very delicious food. AND thank you Gary for the boar tooth. Very best greetings and we'll never forget ,Guenter and Karin

1  Thank KarinDom
Garykiel123, Owner at Kiwi Coastal Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Kia ora Karin and Gunther
And thank you for your wonderful review of my tour and our day together I know that every tour or trip I do around the south coast is special and sharing it with different people from all over the world is what love to do.
I hope that the rest of your stay in Aotearoa (New Zealand) was as enjoyable.
Warmest regards to you both.
Nga mihi nui kia korua

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Kia ora kōrua to Gary and his lovely wife. Gary met us at the cruise port in Wellington at 10am for what turned out to be the best excursion on our 12 day cruise from Sydney Au to Auckland NZ. We started with a stop in front of the House of Parliament and ended when he dropped us off in front of Te Papa Museum about 4pm. In between we were entertained and enlightened by Gary and his wife when we stopped at the Beach Café. We travelled through the Wellington mountainside to the coastline and back. The trip and lunch were like spending a day with friends instead of with a tour guide. Gary would stop whenever we wanted to stop to take photos or when there was a view or something he wanted to point out. His knowledge of the land and history of the Maori was fascinating and the food at lunch was outstanding. The entire day was awesome. there were supposed to be 6 of us on the tour, but luckily for us, 2 people didn't show up. There was plenty of room for the four of us in his 4x4 but it would have been pretty tight to have had 6. Lunch was included in the price of the tour.

1  Thank albert39l

Nga mihi nui kia korua
Thank you for the awesome review of our time together.
I meet so many wonderful people and fully enjoy being able to give them an experience that they will remember.
Going off road and sharing sights unseen by even the locals is what helps make my tour a bit unique and although it may seem a little frightening for some accessing these views etc it is well worth it I think you will agree.
So glad that you have arrived home safe and sound.
Fondest regards to you both.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This tour, which can be 3, 5 or 7 hours in length, is a great way for overseas visitors to get a taste of Maori culture with a local guide and see stunning sights along off-road trails few others get the opportunity to travel. Receive a traditional Maori greeting, learn how your guide traces his cultural heritage back to New Zealand’s founding tribes, hear about the mythology surrounding the creation of the local Wellington landscape, and go off-road on costal beaches and hill trails that will have you hanging on to your seat in places. This tour has it all and is excellent value for money. If you only have a short time in Wellington it’s recommended you combine this tour with a visit to ‘Te Papa’ Museum of New Zealand and you wont be disappointed.

1  Thank SussexGeezer

Kia ora and thank you for your kind words for my tour, it was such a great pleasure to show you the south coast and especially enjoyable that I was able to share it with you.
Take care in all that you do and I hope that the rest of your tour of our beautiful country was as enjoyable.
Regards Gary

See more reviews
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Adding another "Excellent" review to the well deserved ever increasing list. We had a private tour with Gary through the breathtaking rugged Wellington coastline. He was happy to tailor the tour to our interests, for us, spending more time with the seals and the best views that few people know about or can access. Although we only booked a five hour tour he was more than happy to let it run over (which it did by quite a lot) and never made you feel rushed at any point. His extensive knowledge of Maori culture, language and use of the various plants that we found was incredibly interesting. The 4 x 4 was very comfy and his driving was top notch, felt safe the whole time. His lovely cafe provided really good food, even for us vegetarians (and one with an egg allergy as well!)
He makes it feel like you are having a day out with a friend rather than the normal rigid "tour experience"
Truly a brilliant day, highly recommend this trip. If you are visiting Wellington and want to see more than just the city center then this tour is a must.

1  Thank Julia W
Garykiel123, Owner at Kiwi Coastal Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Kia ora Julia and Hanna
Wow what a great tour we had together and I am so glad that you both enjoyed the day.
For me it is all about giving my (manuhiri) guests an experience they will not forget by making it a relaxed, comfortable informative and enjoyable experience.
Thank you for the wonderful review it is very much appreciated.
Nga mihinui kia korua.