“So glad we found this tour”
Review of Kiwi Coastal Tours

Kiwi Coastal Tours
Ranked #5 of 46 Tours in Wellington
More attraction details
Owner description: Kiwi Coastal Tours. A trip with Craig and Kiwi Coastal Tours will not disappoint, from the start to the end you will be wanting more. Be prepared for a relaxing no rush journey around Wellington city, around the coast and along secluded beaches, take in the awesome scenic panoramas of Raukawa (Cook strait) and on a fine day views of the south island of New Zealand.Learn about the maori way of life pre-European to the present day,hear about the legends of the land and the way Maori used what nature provide for sustenance and as medicines.Safe off road sojourns are a special delight you will get to visit areas that even the locals rarely get to view, there is so much on offer with Craig and Kiwi Coastal Tours so bring a camera and a smile and Craig will throw in a cuppa tea or coffee at our designated rest area with toilet facilities and an awesome view. Be prepared for an enjoyable three (3) hours. Did I mention the wild animals ? I have a reliable vehicle that transports 5 (five) persons comfortably or 6 (six) at a push. I am a one man operation so you get me and only me. Looking forward to having you share this experience with me. Regards Craig Stoddart
Brisbane, Australia
“So glad we found this tour”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We searched tripadvisor for activities in Wellington as we were traveling there with Princess Cruises and weren't overly fussed on any of the day trips they had on offer. Having only one day to spend there Gary's Kiwi Coastal Tours sounded like a good way to get to know Wellington in the shortest time and we weren't disappointed! When we met Gary he asked us a few questions about what interested us so that he could tailor his tour to suit. It was amazing how much Gary was able to fit into just a few hours - After this tour we felt so much closer to Wellington and New Zealand. It was so good to spend the day with Gary, he made us feel right at home and his love for his job really showed through. This review wouldn't be complete with mentioning the beautiful lunch that Gary's wonderful wife brought us at their cafe which was included as part of our tour. This is now our favorite cafe in NZ! :-)

Visited January 2013
Garykiel123, Owner at Kiwi Coastal Tours, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Kia ora Kyle
Thanks for your wonderful review of the tour we had and for posting some great pics.
Its a great place and very special to me with amazing views and sometimes something a little different now and again.
I particularly enjoy talking about the maori culture and history of the south coast and its nice when my visitors enjoy it as well.
Nga mihi nui kia korua
Gary

Wellington, New Zealand
“South Coast”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Being locals we decided we wanted to explore the coast and the hills around us. Gary picked us up at our front door on a magnificent Wellington day. Right from the start he shared his knowledge of the area with enthusiasm also sharing insights into the history and culture of the Maori in the area. He also shared his experiences of diving and hunting.

Gary took us down tracks which provided us with optimum views of Wellington as well as stopping when a photo opportunity came along.

The whole experience reminded us why we live in this city. Thanks Gary.

Kia ora Lucy and David
It was a real pleasure to take you both around the south coast on a beautiful day, I enjoyed your company immensely.
The coast trip is so amazing even for local people and it is my wish to encourage more of them to take trip and see what is right on thier doorstep.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome experience. Highly recommended”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My wife and I are so happy we chosen Kiwi Coastal Tours to show us around Wellington. Garry was great in explaining things like culture, various uses of different plants along the way, and took us along the 4wd tracks to see wild animals and views from the hill tops. Although the fog on the day stopped us seeing some of New Zealand's landscapes, we really enjoyed the whole experience and the lunch from the family run Cafe was so good, I will remember that mouth watering hamburger which was the best burger I had in many years!
Highly recommend the 5 hour tour if you have the time, and thank you Gary for that experience, and it was a pleasure meeting Craig and your wife too!

Visited February 2013
Kia ora guys and thanks for the great review. it was a real pleasure to showcase the south coast for you, thankfully the fog wasn't too bad and you managed to get some wonderful scenery pics as well as the animals.
I hope you have returned safely home.
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
“Best holiday experience!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We met Gary with our two young children in tow, and he was able to cater for the child seats (we supplied). From the moment we took off to see the Wellington coastline (the weather was dry but very windy) we were under no illusions - Gary knew the coastline, its history, maori language & history, his vehicle (the terrain was rough but he drove with skill) and gave us snippets of information relevant & interesting to the big and lil ones in the car. My husband was excited to be taken Paua diving once Gary had decided on a spot, and was kitted out with what he needed (Gary leading the way) to come back with the bag limit!) My 3 yo was kept interested with seals, deer, wild pigs & an ostrich & the bub snoozed away. The coastline scenery was breath taking, and Gary took us to lookout points where we got great photos.
Lunch at the Bach cafe was divine and should have been followed by a snooze, but once we had rubbed our bellies, we were off again for a look around the city. Sadly the weather turned drizzly, but Gary had options - he took us to the local Aquarium facility where we were able to see some of the sea residents up close, another fab option for the kids. This tour was a highlight of our 3 week holiday and we thank Gary for such wonderful memories.

Visited January 2013
Garykiel123, Owner at Kiwi Coastal Tours, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Kia ora Shawn
Thanks for the great review it was a real pleasure to show off a spevial part of NZ to you and your family.
I hope that you are all well and will return soon for another dive trip and maybe some fishing.
Brisbane, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful journey through scenery and culture”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is such a different experience compared to the usual tourist bus trips around town. Gary took us on a wonderful journey along the coast and into the hills in his 4WD: all the while sharing insights into the history and culture of his people, their lifestyle and traditions and anecdotes about his life experiences in the area. The pace is leisurely, the journey comfortable and safe with plenty of opportunities for photgraphs and time to take in the amazing scenery. Thoroughly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Wellington.

1 Thank 945Jammo
Kia ora
And thanks for the wonderful review, I try to set a liesurely on the tour pace so that everyone enjoys what the South coast has to offer.
I hope that you have returned home safe and sound to your loved ones.