“An amazing experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kiwi Coastal Tours

Kiwi Coastal Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Kiwi Coastal Tours. A trip with Craig and Kiwi Coastal Tours will not disappoint, from the start to the end you will be wanting more. Be prepared for a relaxing no rush journey around Wellington city, around the coast and along secluded beaches, take in the awesome scenic panoramas of Raukawa (Cook strait) and on a fine day views of the south island of New Zealand.Learn about the maori way of life pre-European to the present day,hear about the legends of the land and the way Maori used what nature provide for sustenance and as medicines.Safe off road sojourns are a special delight you will get to visit areas that even the locals rarely get to view, there is so much on offer with Craig and Kiwi Coastal Tours so bring a camera and a smile and Craig will throw in a cuppa tea or coffee at our designated rest area with toilet facilities and an awesome view. Be prepared for an enjoyable three (3) hours. Did I mention the wild animals ? I have a reliable vehicle that transports 5 (five) persons comfortably or 6 (six) at a push. I am a one man operation so you get me and only me. Looking forward to having you share this experience with me. Regards Craig Stoddart
“An amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

If there is one thing you have to do in Wellington it is a tour with Gary and Kiwi Coastal Tours.
We got to see this part of the country in a way I could never have imagined, it was awesome so awesome it is hard to put into words.
Then to end an amazing time we had the best coffee at The Bach Cafe, a great way to end a great afternoon.
Again if there is one thing you have to do in Wellington it is a tour with Gary and Kiwi Coastal Tours!

Garykiel123, Owner at Kiwi Coastal Tours, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Kia ora guys
Thanks for the great review so glad that you all enjopyed the day we spent togethermwe were especially fortunate to have such great weather to highlight the fantastic views that the south coast has to offer.
I hope you are all safe and well.
Rergards Gary

Manila
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth every penny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I brought my parents to a two day short trip in Wellington before going to Auckland. I only had two goals during my trip in Wellington. (1) To take one good tour (2) Dine at a very good restaurant.

Since I did not have enough time to plan, I decided to look at the review at Trip Advisor. Gary picked us up on time and shared with us the Maori Legends/history, Great Scenery, Nature, Fishing Story, Good 4x4 ride in the mountains and also we were up close with the Seals. Me and my parents are not really big fan of tours since it is so commercialized and very time bound. What I can say, Gary did not let us feel we are on a tour and the pace was very relaxing. Its like a friend showing you around Wellington.

To end the tour, we had lunch at Bach Cafe and I ordered clam chowder and steak. It is the best steak and clam chowder I ever tasted and my parents agree as well. In 5 hours, I was able to achieve my two goals and if I chose the wrong tour, two days may not be enough to achieve my goals in my trip to Wellington!

Before we departed to Auckland, my parents also told me that Gary's tour is the best they have experienced in there whole trip and there previous travel.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Nathan_O_Dy
Garykiel123, Owner at Kiwi Coastal Tours, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Kia ora Nathan
Thank you for the amazing review, so glad that it fulfilled your expectations of a great tour and a nice meal while you were in Wellington.
Especially pleasing for me to take your parents on the tour as well and to know that they enjoyed a comfortable no rush experience around the beautiful south coast of Wellington.
I hope that you are all safe and well, thanks once again.
Nga mihi nui kia koutou
Gary
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Worth Every Minute!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I brought my two children (ages 10 & 12) along for this tour after reading the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. Both my children agree that it has been the highlight of their visit to Wellington. Gary accommodated us at the last minute and picked us up at our hotel. We started our tour at Mount Victoria with a traditional Maori greeting and some information about the Maori culture. The views from Mount Victoria were wonderful, but they got even better as Gary took us off road down the coast and into the mountains. We had spectacular weather and clear skies, and Gary knows the perfect spots for viewing Wellington, the coast, and the South island. Throughout our tour, he told us about Maori legends and culture. He made frequent stops along the way to show us the different landscapes, plants, and animals (wild horse, pigs, deer, seals). He took us for a walk through bush and served us tea and sweet treats. We could not believe how close were able to get to the seals...and we counted over 80. Gary answered all of our questions (and we had a lot of them!)--everything from fishing to the Maori medicinal uses of plants. Our 3 hour tour was unrushed (extended into almost 4 hours), relaxed, and fun. Gary takes great care to give his clients a unique experience. He loves his job, and it shows! Highly recommend this for all ages and anyone who wants to get off the beaten path!

2 Thank J C
Garykiel123, Owner at Kiwi Coastal Tours, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Kia ora Julie, Grace and Harper

Thank you for the kind words in your review, I am so glad that you all enjoyed the day.
We were especially fortunate to get a great Wellington day.
I hope that the rest of your stay in New Zealand gives you as much pleasure.

Regards Gary
Vienna, Austria
“Gery´s Great Tour, just him, his car and nature”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Best tour we´ve ever experienced! Beautiful scenery just about 10 min from Wellington city, riding up and down with that incredible car, listening to awesome Maori legends about nature, and the fish´ head and tail, it´s a great adventure! We were right beside the seals on their sun heated rocks, we looked across that powerful sea right to the South Island, and we had a really spectacular view over the city and we were able to see and feel the silence and peace of the wonderful woods all around, with some unexpected nature experiences, too. A great tour you should not miss! Thank you for being such a good tour guide, and best wishes to you and your great wife! Kia Ora! Mag and Babsi PS: Best coffee of Wellington at Gery´s wife! Thank you!

Visited July 2012
Garykiel123, Owner at Kiwi Coastal Tours, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Kia ora Mag and Babsie

What a great day to take in the sights of Te Upoko o Te Ika and share it with two very nice people, it was an absolute pleasure for me and I am so glad that you both also enjoyed the experience.
I hope that you enjoy the rest of your trip in our beautiful country and have a safe journey home.

Nga mihi korua
Regards Gary
Guam
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Great Day with Gary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

What more can I say than what has been already written about Gary? Our day with him was just as great as others have reported.He is a friendly guy who goes out of his way to make sure that you are investing your time with memories that will not be forgotten. Even though we had cold and windy winter weather (something that was a bit challenging for those of us who come from the tropics), Gary's warmth and sharing attitude made up for any lack of sunshine. Offroading through the mountains and along the beach, seeing animals up close (the seals are unbelievable), a stop at a beach cabin for tea, and later at Bach restaurant for lunch were some of the highlights of our trip. We ended up spending an extra hour on this tour than planned and it seemed as if the time had flown by. Gary sincerely deserves his #1 rating from trip advisor.

Visited July 2012
Garykiel123, Owner at Kiwi Coastal Tours, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Kia ora James and Larry
Nga mihi nui kia korua.

Thank you for your beautiful review of our day together and for your wonderful company which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Thank you for allowing me to show you a special slice of New Zealand.
I hope you are both well and safely back in the warmer climes of home.
God bless you both.