“Food was Delicious”

Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2011

We had some delicious entrees that we shared to start, we asked quite a lot of questions to our watier about the food as we are both pregnant and he was more than happy to answer all our questions and was very knowledgable about the food.
The restaurant is very small, so if you aren't engaged in conversation you can hear what the people sitting next to you are talking about.
I was expecting a little more from the restaurant but I can't pinpoint what the extra thing was that was missing...

Reviewed August 29, 2011

We enjoyed our meal at Gusto but from the award certificates displayed and the prices in this restaurant, we expected more.
The ambience, although noisy, was good. We were seated in an area where a large group, arriving in dribs and drabs kept on walking and chatting close to our our table so it was rather disconcerting.
We weredisappointed there was not a greater choice of dishes on the menu at Gusto.
The service was friendly and efficient.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Have been to Gusto many times, and each time the menue has changed slightly so always waiting for suprises on what they can do.
Set in an old building it has charm and a lovely feeling as you walk in. Try to get a seat infront of house, not out the back.
Front of house and waiting staff are great.Made to feel at home straight away.
Waiting staff are well versed on what is to offer.
Food is sublime. I have to say I always order the fillet steak, as I can't cook it as well as they do and the chips are heaven. My family have tried the vegetarian food and also the seafoof and it all has been wonderful, full of flavour.
If you want somewhere special to dine with atmosphere and great food, this is the place to go in Petone.
Would I go again? Definatly yes