“Superb food and service”
Review of The Larder

The Larder
Ranked #3 of 1,006 Restaurants in Wellington
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We made a last minute booking on a Friday night and got in! The food and service was very good. There is a comprehensive wine and beer list . We liked their approach to using local fresh produce and artesian suppliers (The black pudding was excellent).

Reviewed February 15, 2012

I didn't know what to expect of this little eatery tucked away in Miramar however it was fantastic, I remember the first words I said as we walked out were "I'm going to give that place 5 stars", and so i shall.

The menu was wonderful, every dish looked good and the food is all locally sourced, in fact part of the decor is large pictures of the various suppliers to the restaurant, which is a nice touch and something i have not seen before. Its nice to see the face of the man or woman who grew the vegetables you are eating.

I remembered someone mentioned that that chef to this place used to work at the Boulcott Street Bistro, as soon as the amuse came out i could taste familiar work, you used to get amazing soups as the amuse there and the one we had at the Larder had a similar depth of flavor and a similar degree of deliciousness.

I could go on about the rest of the food but suffice to say, it was all very very good, as high a standard as you will get.

I would recommend anyone try this place out and i can't wait to get back there myself and try it again.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

The food here is fantastic I love the beef sandwiches made with their own freshly baked bread,the home made sausage rolls are to die for
keep up the good work AAA+++

Reviewed January 20, 2012

The meals prepared and counter food is very high quality. Breakfasts are very good and I recommend the homemade hash browns. Inexpensive.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

The Larder always seems busy whenever I go. In the heart of baby-rearing territory I was worried that the place would be crammed with mums-that-lunch, but that wasn't the case. Instead the atmosphere was relaxed and there was an eclectic mix of people enjoying food and drinks in this rather out of the way place. It's easy to find and easy to park nearby making it an ideal spot to catch up with friends or just while away a few minutes sipping something satisfying.

2  Thank Simon J