“Fantastic, exhausting, exhilirating”

Wellington Adventures - Day Trip
Ranked #15 of 52 Tours in Wellington
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for an exhilarating guided off-road quad bike expedition over one of New Zealands most rugged coastal environments, only 45min from Central Wellington. Our expeditions range from 1.5hrs to 2days, with expert instruction, we will have you confidently riding the latest four-wheel quad bikes in no time!We also offer guide-driven 4WD tours who want to participate but dont want to ride their own quad
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We went quad bike riding while docked in Wellington on a cruise. The day was windy and rainy with low clouds (the quad bike riding is in the hills) but it just made the day all that more interesting and challenging. The property and riding track was amazing - from alpine hills in the clouds to the inevitable mud and rocky river crossings. Nigel and Lou looked after us well, even though we had a few inexperienced riders.

The day is pretty full on and we were exhausted afterwards. I would recommend it for people wanting to do something a bit challenging and out of the ordinary, even if you haven't been quad biking before. it's really not that hard and Nigel gives everyone training until he is comfortable you will be safe out on the track.

My only tip would be to take your own wet weather gear rather than use theirs.

3  Thank 280SueA
"forest"
in 7 reviews
"throttle"

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We went on the half day tour. It was brilliant! I haven't ever really ridden a quad before but the training was excellent and my confidence was soon built up. I wouldn't have believed I could have done what we did, but I did! The views were amazing, it was really well organised, the food was simple and delicious. It was exciting and adrenaline filled yet achievable and not out of my depth. I would definitely recommend this trip to anyone.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I went on a half day tour. Even though he had been on a quad bike previously, I hadn't and was extremely happy with the training the guides taught.
I'm a bigger gal and wasn't sure how I'd go riding the quads but found they can be ridden by anyone of any size or height!
The guides were so very informative and organised!
It's amazing how much site seeing of the NZ coastline and hillside you can fit into a half day tour with Nigel & co.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was definitely the best organised your I have ever done. The bikes were well taken care of, the safety gear kept well and the tracks and trails were just awesome. Even the fresh picnic that was packed for us was one of the best meals I had over in nz... Thank you so much for such a great day.

1  Thank Lennyj79
See more reviews
Reviewed July 18, 2012

When my husband first suggested going quad biking, I wasn't too excited. I'm not exactly experienced on quads. But, much to my surprise, with the expert tutoring provided by our wonderfully patient guide, I challenged myself and did really great!! And I'm so happy I did. The views from the top of the mountain were nothing less than spectacular, and the air was so pristine that I got some really stunning photos of the entire Wellington harbour area as well as some great shots of the mountains on the South Island way across the strait. The cool thing was that even though we rode through some pretty challenging bogs, I was having such a great time that I didn't even think about getting a bit muddy. By the end of the trip, I was nicely tired, but not exhausted, so I'd say the length was about right. My husband wants to book an over night trip next time we visit, and I'm really looking forward to it.

1  Thank Geri C