“Great Food”

Ranked #565 of 921 Restaurants in Wellington
Wellington
“Great Food”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We have eaten at The Eating House many times and have never been disappointed with our meal so I thought I would write a review. Last night I had Gravlax with a fennel salad followed by a steak with mushroom sauce. The salad was light, delicious and refreshing and my steak was perfectly cooked. My husband had risotto cakes followed by a hamburger which was a large meal but also delicious.
On of their menu items I really enjoy is fish of the day with a cauliflower puree. it is always very tasty. One of the things I like about this restaurant is that the chef, Jonathan England is very good at catering for food intolerances and allergies. We went there one night with a party of twenty including five people with different food intolerances and Jonathan managed to serve us all our meals at the same time with no problems.
This restaurant is tucked away from the main restaurant area of Wellington and is not a place that I would say has great atmosphere but the food is great, the wine list has wine at reasonable prices and we always enjoy our meals. I would encourage people who are staying in the area to give it a try.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Lynne030

“Pity about the service”
Reviewed May 26, 2011

This was my second visit. great food both times - skin on snapper first time, steak second. On both visits a great experience was ruined by a staff member trying to rush us. There was no reason for this. There was no pressure on tables and we were finished around 8pm.

• Visited May 2011