“So Much Fun!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wellington
The Lighthouse and the Keep Wellington
Ranked #30 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Honolulu
“So Much Fun!”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

First off, It's a Lighthouse! How cool is that. We stayed 1 night and it was simply fun. Be prepare to climb some stairs, so don't pack to heavy, not a big deal though. The light house has a lot of charm but it is a bit old and could use some TLC. The kitchen and bath room are a bit small but that was completely expected. The kitchen was stocked with a good amount of food, fruits, and cereal. It was quite funny, I ran out hot water in the middle of my shower, no joke. But I have to say it was my gf fault for taking such a long hot shower. Can't fault the light house for our mistake. The top stairs is narrow and was a bit scary to come down at first but it was expected from and added to the fun of the Lighthouse. The top floor has a perfect 360 view. I have to say that we lucked out. The night we stayed was a full moon and it rose from the ocean right in front of the small island. We stayed up all night drinking wine and enjoying the view and the sound of the ocean. I have to say the TV on the second floor was one of the nicest TV's I have seen in a NZ rental but I we never turned it on so I can't tell it it worked as well as it looked. The beach area was nice to walk along, we found some abalone shells on the sand. But when we walked around the corner toward the Keep there were a bunch of abalone shells all over the place, super cool. We had caught the #1 bus to the lighthouse and it was about a 7 min walk from the last stop. Not bad at all.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank achiabuchan

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 14, 2011

So glad we found this place! It's a fantastic change from the usual hotels and motels.

We found it cosy and rustic, with nice touches like plenty of breakfast items for us to prepare and fresh flowers on the windowsills. Did I mention it's a LIGHTHOUSE?! Great views from most of the windows, especially the top floor where the beacon light would have shone, but instead has a couch for taking in the panorama.

I'm not sure if it's a former working lighthouse that's been moved or a home built to look like a lighthouse, but it's fun all the same.

Overall it's probably about 3* accommodation standard but 5* fun factor.

It's perfect for a short stay for couples who want an interesting change from the norm.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellington
Bolton Hotel Wellington
#2 of 2 in Kilbirnie
Wellesley Boutique Hotel
Wellesley Boutique Hotel
#25 of 46 in Wellington

Been to The Lighthouse and the Keep Wellington? Share your experiences!