“Great Food & Cool Interior!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Foxglove

Foxglove
Ranked #179 of 908 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Bar, New Zealand, European, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated on Wellington's picturesque waterfront, Foxglove boasts sweeping views of the harbour from each of its unique bars. Come on in and have a game of backgammon in the Games Room, snuggle up on our cosy day beds outside on the balcony, sneak through the wardrobe and have a perfectly balanced cocktail or fine whisky in Foxtail Champagne and Cocktail Bar, or enjoy a delicious meal designed by Chef Joshua Dodd in our downstairs dining room.Foxglove is also a fantastic place for weddings, held in the Queen's Wharf Ballroom under beautiful chandeliers and lofty rafters. Just email us and come in to take a look for yourself!We look forward to seeing you soon!
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Great Food & Cool Interior!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were dining prior to visiting the performance of WOW which was showing on the Wellington Waterfront, not far away from Foxglove. We went upstairs and managed to find a table to have some drinks and 'small plates' as they call them - we were lucky to find a table as this is a very popular spot! The deal at Foxglove is in the bar and casual areas, you order and pay at the bar (for food and drinks) and then take a number which you display at our table and the food is delivered. I don't mind this system because at least you're not waiting trying to get the attention of a waiter and you get your drink right away and food is delivered when it's ready. The wine list has many of those standard big wine brands you see everywhere - ie Corbans, Roaring Meg, Wither Hills, St Hallets, Huntaway - so a bit disappointing but they have a few other good brands from more boutique vineyards and we managed to find a nice Riesling! We ordered a few small plates of food which included the minced lamb skewers, chicken satay - just delicious!

I like the atmosphere of the place and it's a place I'd come back to for dinner and not just drinks and snacks. It's in a great location on the Wellington Waterfront!

• Visited October 2013

Hawkes Bay
“Beautiful Venue and food”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Three of us had a fantastic dinner here. Food was fantastic and service was outstanding. Would go back again.

• Visited October 2013
“Great Food Excellent Service”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

On visiting Wellington we wanted to go experience dining near the wonderful Wellington waterfront. The ing that caught our attention first was the music, on entering we were greeted warmly and shown to a lovely table with a view. Our jackets were taken ( which is a service I have found to be quite rare in NZ). The menu offered good choices, I opted for the Gorgonzola Soufflé and my husband had the Deer, Liquorice & Beetroot. We were both very pleased with our choices. The wine list offered a good selection, and we were offered a taste before making our final selection. Well done Foxglove, we will be back.

Visited October 2013
“Delicious, stylish food and a great view”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Treated myself to lunch before leaving Wellington. It was a gorgeous sunny day and I wanted to eat somewhere that I could enjoy the view and appreciate local food. I had pacific oysters with cucumber and wasabi sorbet, followed by grilled snapper on the most delicious mash I've ever had, And a mixed leaf, walnut, pear and blue cheese salad. It was a perfectly delicious lunch and the service was friendly and attentive. I will definitely go there again, what a treat! Ps the male wait staff all had impressively curled moustaches- eat your heart out, Hercule...

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Taylsu
Wellington, New Zealand
“Beautiful food and wonderful service”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I booked a table at Foxglove for a special evening out. We were not disappointed. We went while Wellington on a Plate was on and had the fixed three course menu which included a glass of wine. The waiting staff were friendly and knowledgeable and chatted with us. The meal combined some wonderful flavours and was beautifully presented. I wished I had ordered my husband's chocolate cannelloni dessert! Would definitely return again.

• Visited August 2013