“Thoroughly entertaining day out”

Wellington Rover Tours
Wellington's Lord of the Rings Locations Tour including Lunch
Ranked #3 of 46 Tours in Wellington
Type: City Tours, Tours
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were all locals, so played tourist in our own town; we had a great day!! Throughout Jack was funny, incredibly knowledgeable about the films and books and I learnt and saw things I never would have known on my own. We explored rivers and forests, the weta cave and a quarry; Jack showed us film clips so we could see what had been built and digitally re-used. Can never have enough round, cone shaped and red trees :) Thanks for a wonderful day, very happily recommend to anyone.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Wellington was our first stop in New Zealand, which made the Rovers full day LOTR tour my first Lord of the Rings experience. I could not have been happier. It was a full day spent driving around beautiful Wellington and the Hutt Valley, visiting the film locations for Rivendell, Lothlorien, Isengard, and the Outer Shire, among others. The best thing was spending the day with people as into LOTR as I am. Thanks to Jack for a memorable day! I can't wait to come back... perhaps for a future Hobbit tour!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The Lord of the Rings tour with Wellington Rover Tours is so worth it! We got the whole day tour and didn't feel tired at all. Every stop has an interesting story behind. Todd our guide was even a part of the movie as the Oliphant leader. It was an excellent tour and would recommend it to tourists as it was one of the highlights of our tour here in Wellington. New Zealand is an awesome country, I love it!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Although the sets are long gone, the film locations around Wellington are still there and with a bit of imagination and lots of inside stories from Jack, our tour guide, this was a great insight into what it took to bring LOTR to the big screen.
I chose the half day tour, only because my time in the city was restricted. Next time I will book into the full day tour as there is so much more to see and learn. Jack was knowledgable, enthusiastic, entertaining and willing to answer all questions.The mini van was comfortable, the muffins at morning tea freshly baked, and the photo opportunities amazing.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Recommend this to any Lotr fans the guide is full of knowledge and a great story teller well worth it