“Take the trouble to search it out”
Review of The Library

The Library
Ranked #2 of 24 Nightlife in Wellington
More attraction details
Owner description: Hidden away upstairs in the heart of Courtenay Place sits The Library. Fun and frivilous cocktails, exquisite and obscure wines, delicious desserts, exceptional cheese and scrumptious savoury snacks make this a great place to meet before or after a show. The Library also has live music every Tuesday and Friday evening.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Different and quirky decor - very suitable for making an older couple feel right at home in a cocktail bar
Live jazz group (of five ?) when we were there but with the different spaces we could be far enough away to enjoy the music along with a drink or two and some shared plates - all very good

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We've been here probably 7 or 8 times before. We arrived and were seated promptly. It took a while to get a drinks list and make an order. We ordered and the couple next to us added their drinks to the waiters order. After 15 minutes of waiting for our drinks (after our neighbours drinks had arrived) we left. All staff were head down avoiding eye contact. The place didnt seem overly busy, Must have forgotten about us.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have been here with my partner often, and i love it. For me i do not drink alcohol, but the non-alcoholic drinks are fantastic. I really wish they would have 2 for 1 non-alcoholic drinks for Wednesdays! The dessert was lovely, but very rich. The cocktail maker was fantastic and helped me create a fantastic minty drink. The only let down was a male customer who decided to make homophobic remarks (seriously!) about myself and my partner, obviously loud enough for us to both hear making us feel very uncomfortable. After we relocated to the bar, and told staff they couldn't believe the comments that were made and made a point of cheering us up. Staff 5 stars! Will definitely be back.

1  Thank Sophie S
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We went in for a cheeky cocktail and the bar was just amazing! Best cocktail bar in Wellington, the atmosphere was fantastic and the bar itself looks amazing! its like a very badly kept secret, but even when busy the place feels special and homely. The cocktails are soo good! Properly made with premium spirits and well presented. Plus it had 2 for 1 on Wednesdays.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Arrived late at night for a desert and coffee. Place was packed but managed to find a place to sit right by the music which was lovely. Deserts were yummy and service very quick. A really interesting place and I would definitely go there again.