“Great gelato!!”

Kaffee Eis
Ranked #4 of 19 Dessert in Wellington
Cuisines: Cafe, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Kaffee Eis is Wellington's premier gelateria. There are 4 stores around Wellington serving award winning gelato and quality locally roasted coffee.
“Great gelato!!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Great choice of flavors - not just the typical chocolate and vanilla but passion fruit, coconut, after eight and black Doris plum to name a few. Generous serving size at a reasonable price. After our first visit, it became a daily afternoon break.

• Visited May 2014

Wellington, New Zealand
“Cones are rancid”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I ate at all the Kaffe Eis places (Cuba st, Courtney place and Frank Kitts) over the summer numerous times as we spent all summer in Wellington.
Each time the gelato was delish but I noticed the cones always had a rancid taste. Every single time.

My sister came to stay and we got a gelato from Cuba St. I told her that I thought the cone had a rancid taste & as a super taster she noticed it straight away & couldn't finish her cone.
All I can think is that the cones are left out, oils are oxidised giving it the rancid taste, possibly exacerbated in the warm weather?
I mentioned it to the staff in Courtney place in February.
Many people probably don't even know that rancid taste so fail to notice it or just think it tastes a bit strange but for me it has been very obvious each time.

San Jose, California
“Superb gelato”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Amazing gelato! I wasn't fully with it when ordering- I'd recommend getting the kids size if you're not super hungry. I ordered the small in a cone and it was huge. I know for next time. I went to the location by the boathouse. It as lovely to watch the rowers (burning calories) while I gobbled down some delicious gelato. Holiday calories don't count, right?

Visited February 2014
london
“Surprising good Gelato”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We didn't know what to expect but decided to get an ice cream after a hot day in the sun by following a huge crowd into Kaffe Eis.

The Gelato were very tasty and loads of unusual but great flavours on offer. We had Fijoa and the Mango and Fijoa was the best ever!! Highly recommended to try this plaace when you are walking along Oriental Bay.

• Visited December 2013
Wellington
“Yummy Gelato”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Would consider no 1 gelato in Wellington.
Family love it so much as well.
Highly recommended place to visit in more than one location in Wellington

• Visited August 2013