“Great size townhouses, perfect for 2 couples travelling together”
Review of Boulcott Suites

Boulcott Suites
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We stayed along with another couple, at the Boulcott Suites for just 1 night at the end of October, in a 2 bedroom executive townhouse. It was a great size and accomodated all 4 of us easily.

The townhouses are 2 storied. In the one we had you opened the door and the kitchen and open plan living and dining areas were downstairs. There was a small courtyard area off the downstairs area. There is an open wood and metal stairway leading to the upper level. At the top of the stairs was a cupboard housing the washing machine and dryer. We didn't need to use these are we were only there for a night, but it's good to have! There were 2 bedrooms upstairs, the master having an ensuite as well as a good sized built in wardrobe. The second bedroom is at the other end of the townhouse, with a bathroom right next door. Both bathrooms had a shower only. The townhouses were beautifully clean. The standard of housekeeping was very high in all areas of the townhouse.

Other reviewers have commented on noise, particularly from the car park door going up and down and the staircases. We did not find this to be a problem at all, and we were right above the car park, nor did we hear any noise from other townhouses during our stay.

There were a few niggles during our stay, and these have stopped me giving this an 'excellent' rating. I had booked using wotif.com and checked in with no problems at 2pm. However, at 9pm I received a phone call from the hotel (they left a voice mail) saying as I hadn't checked in they were worried I wouldn't know how to work the carpark etc, so left detailed instructions. This was very thoughtful... but I had checked in a number of hours earlier!! Perhaps a system/communication failure? Also, a small thing, but a bit annoying was just after I'd checked in there was a knock at the door which I ignored as I was getting changed upstairs. The door was opened and someone entered the town house. I called out and they very apologetically announced 'house keeping' and said they thought no one was in here. Again, not a biggie, but perhaps a communication problem? Neither of these issues would put me off staying here again or reccommending it to others. If you want a great sized place to stay in a brilliantly central location for a good price, then this is a great choice!

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom executive townhouses are a great size and could easily fit a family as well as they di...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 22, 2011

We stayed here recently on a family holiday away. Our two bedroom apartment was lovely and modern with loads of space and everything we needed. Two minor notes though - A bit of a walk with all our bags from the carpark to apartment and the girl in reception wasnt too clear on explaining where we needed to go to our apartment so we actually got lost finding it for the first time, we think she could have been a little more helpful. We would definately stay again!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I stayed at the Village Accommodation Boulcott Suites while attending a work conference training course. Overall excellent quality, 5 star rating, and central location made an excellent stay.

I stayed in a 2 bedroom suites apartment that contained a full kitchen, dinning area, work desk, plush lounge with digital TV, DVD & stereo system, outdoor courtyard on the ground level and 2 double upstairs rooms, 1 with onsuite the other by the bathroom. There was also a laundry tucked away neatly behind a closet and ample room everywhere. The standard of furnishing etc was of a very high standard and very nice to stay in.

I booked this on the internet for myself and a work colleague as it was only $210 (NZ $) which was far cheaper than if we both booked single basic hotel rooms.

The location was ideal for accessing everywhere around central Wellington, easy and quick to get to/from with airport transfers. There were ample cafe's and restaurants close by.

They have room charge back availability for a near by fitness centre and other services.

Only problem was I was not staying for long enough. When I go back to Wellington for work and or with my family this is one place I will be trying to book.

Room Tip: Book on the web and if want phone them.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank 2MEKES
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Have just returned from two nights at the Boulcott Suites for a girls weekend away in Wellington. Two bedroom apartment which was spacious, good kitchen and relaxing decor. Right on the doorway of Wellingtons shopping area and close to the water (which we could see from our balcony). Everything was so handy. Staff were brilliant and could not do more a big thank you to Jonathan.Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors were great
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayed here with my husband, 4 yr old son and another couple in a 2brm townhouse, overnight for a rugby game/shopping. Everything exceeded expectations. Location fantastic - walking distance to everything you would possibly want to see in Wellington (and we noticed no noise issues even with the rugby being held). Very clean modern and tidy. Two bathrooms and good sized bedrooms upstairs, nice comfy separate living and dining area downstairs. Staff extremely pleasant and helpful. Only complaint was there was no full length mirror to be found! My understanding is the suites are virtually the same, except all on one level as opposed to the split level town house option.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I stayed here for business a couple of times. Once for two weeks and once for another 4 weeks. The apartments are spacious, have a full kitchen and laundry facilities. The only thing I might wish for is a firmer bed and better pillows, but then that's personal preference. Their beds are comfortable, just not as firm as I'm used to. The kitchen has a fridge, cooktop, oven, kettle, coffee press, electric frypan, a few pots and pans including some pyrex bakeware. In some apartments the knives do need sharpening so if you're a fanatic about that sort of thing you might want to bring your own favourite knife (am I weird because I travel with a my own good cooking knife?) The location is perfect - just off Willis Street with a grocery store, cafes, restaurants and a gym all within a block or two. I'd highly recommend staying here for either business or pleasure. There is internet available in the apartments but you have to purchase a prepaid voucher to enable it.

Room Tip: The street can be a little noisy on weekend nights as revellers walk home - the 1.5 bdrms (x02 rooms...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here recently with my wife and son to go to Victoria university open day. The location is superb, very central but no traffic noise. Nice and roomy compared with a hotel room, but self catered, so no room service such as bed changing or dirty linen removed. Only noise was that of people next door going up and down stairs, but must have stomped to make the noise come through from their side. Very secure with security checks through the night and shut down from 9 P:M. Parking is a little expensive for self parking, but very conveniently located directly under units. All in all I would highly recommend if you like self catered apartments or if you would like the extra room.

Room Tip: Had two bedroom with two bathrooms which was very nice but they do one and four bedroom apartments.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family