“Good food”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Came here as part of a tour, this place was busy at lunch time on a Sunday so that's a good sign. I can only comment on the food we had from the special menu, but what I had and what I saw was nice and tasty. Food came out quick and service was friendly. Good portions.

I would come here again if given the chance.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stopped here for afternoon tea and had a great time. The chocolate milkshake, smoothies and fries were all excellent. We have not had a meal here but were well enough impressed to want to come back.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Having lived in Wellington 9 years ago I thought I would check out Chocolate Fish, only to find it had moved. So we ate at Scorch-O-Rama. It's still a lovely setting, although it was raining when we arrived. It was around 9am on Boxing Day so the place was pretty quiet. It's pretty pricey for what you get. I remember the cooked breakfast that we wanted was $22 and there wasn't the full gamit i.e. eggs, bacon, tomato, mushrooms, hash browns. I can't remember exactly but it was a shortened version of this. So we had poached eggs on a baguette which was essentially a french stick for $10 and a side serve of bratwurst which was an additional $5, my partner had baked beans and that additional side was $5 as well for a reasonably small serve. Coffee was great though, nice and strong. Service was fast but overall for $40 for our breakfast we were still hungry. Great views though so if you don't mind paying a bit extra you'll be fine.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I go here at least every two weeks. The setting right by my favourite Wellington beach is fabulous. Service always friendly and good. The best iced chocolate I have had in Wellington and the baking offered is yummy.

1  Thank Camda
Reviewed October 27, 2013

It's a great place with great views and a lovely waitress. Pity about the food - what is it now with NZ cafes/restaurants who are doing the nanny state thing by not buttering bread/toast??? They are taking over my cholesterol without asking - I want my bread buttered!!!! The sourdough bread was tough - if I had wanted to eat something so tough I would have eaten my gumboot - it was seriously inedible - it may have been heated in the microwave as it has that consistency. The scrambled eggs were delicious but again, nanny had a hand in it, no salt or pepper detectable. I remember last time I was there, the mushrooms were to die for - not this time. All in all, a disappointment for the price i.e. $21 for brunch which is a few dollars more than the average in town. Left with a sour taste in my mouth and a sour lump of sourdough in my stomach!