“location and views”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wellington
Monvie Central Serviced Apartments
Reviewed August 11, 2009

heart of the city, excellent location. little bit of a pain not having check-in but easily solved if you have phone. rate on wotif is awesome.

think all rooms have balconys, I've stayed in 3 others and they all did

this place is all about value and location, rooms are good for longer stays (fully equipped)

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Monvie Central Serviced Apartments

Reviewed May 3, 2009

I stayed at Monvie appartmentson the 2nd of may.
I had a Penthouse studio and it was okay. the remote control for the tv batteries were almost flat and struggled to turn tv on. the appartment didnt have any soap powder for doing washing and there wasnt sky tv either.
the appartments are real close to town and comfortable but in my view not the best value for the dollar there was no breakfast just the usual tea nad coffee.
in saying that it was comfortable and relaxing it was almost a bit smaller than i had thought they would be

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2009

We had only a one night stop here with very early morning departure. Rate was $105NZ. Room was modern, tight, bed comfy but not much space, though kitchenette had all you needed including dishwasher and oven. Apartments are in a multistory building with secure entry and lifts. On arrival we were completely confused as there is no reception on site and we could not enter building. Apparently our booking details from Wotif should have included advice to phone before arrival ( we were early) to arrange a meet. Luckily reception arrived about 10 minutes after us and set us up in our room on about the 6th floor. The rate was good and it is located close to all the attractions of downtown Wellington, especially Courtenay Place and Cuba. I would warn anyone to arrange to be met, but otherwise good value.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2009

We stayed one night in the Monvie Central Serviced Appartments

On the positive side :
- clean new appartment
- good kitchen facilities
- washing machine in the flat
- nice TV set
- bedding in good condition
- central location very close to everything - that was fantastic

On the negative side :
- we were facing inward. The other building is 2 meters away and whenever someone is partying in the building you hear it. Can be noisy during week-ends or special events. Otherwise nice
- no parking except on the street. We were lucky : we found a free spot during the week-end.
- you have to have a cellphone to call the people from Monvie so that they let you in. If you are traveling from afar that can be a real issue !!!

On the overall, really positive experience

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2009

Mon Vie Serviced Apartments, 15 Holland Street, Wellington

I arrive at the building - it is closed up. Luckily I had a cell phone so could call a number, but what about those travellers who book but do not have a cell phone? The carpet was a little stained but I overlooked that. But when I turned on the TV for the news, the picture was green. It stayed green no matter what adjustments I made. The manager couldn't fix it and agreed to have the TV fixed or replaced the following day. The bed had springs sticking into me no matter where I lay and was the worst bed I've slept in since camping years ago. The only fresh air was by opening the ranchslider, and then it rained so that had to close. The building is down two alleys - one dark, the other lit at night, but beside two sleazy night clubs. There was constant noise. Of course the TV was not fixed or replaced the next day. The staff had no maps and did not know where the information centre was. They didn't care either. I stayed two nights only because I had prepaid.