“Excellent Experience”

Ranked #4 of 938 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Awarded TWO HATS Good Food Awards 2013, 2014, 2015 and Supreme Winner Restaurant of the Year NZ 2009. Nearly 20 years after Steve Logan founded the restaurant, Logan Brown is still showing newcomers how to do fine dining. The neo-classical interior remains as plush as ever, drawing diners who wouldn't normally brave the upper reaches of Cuba St, while competent, confident service encourages adventurous choices from the wine list. The kitchen, headed by Shaun Clouston, continues to turn out innovative, but not gimmicky, food. There's a strong emphasis on local and seasonal flavours, with a nod to the huntin', shootin' and fishin' enjoyed by the restaurant's founders. Classic Kiwi flavours are embraced and showcased with a sense of humour. In brief: style, service and food you can bank on Said international guest judge, Ralph-Kyte Powell, "If I had to select an international flagship for New Zealand cuisine. Logan Brown would be hard to go past"
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had the fortunate opportunity to stumble upon Logan Brown on my most recent trip to Wellington. The hotel had recommended a different restaurant that was unimpressive. While waling around Wellington I saw Logan Brown and my experience told me it would be a better choice. Fortunately I was correct as it was an Excellent choice. Steven the owner and maitre d immediately made me feel at home. Sat at the bar and enjoyed the Degustation menu. It was fantastic. While I was finishing dinner Shaun the chef come over and we had an opportunity to talk about the meal. Everything was truly fantastic in terms of the food and the personal touch that Steven and Shaun put into the experience only enhanced the value. Highly recommend putting this on your list of places to eat at while in Wellington.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Chris H

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Nelson, New Zealand
“Fantastic”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Our second visit for the 5.30pm bistro (set menu). Fantastic venue. Our waiter tonight was attentive but had average English and needed to repeat himself a lot.
The bistro menu is $45 each with a choice of two entree, 3 main and two dessert.
Portions are small but rich, delicious and filling.
We did the wine match again which was fantastic, quite dear but you get to try chef matched wines which you may not normally try.
The full menu is expensive with entrees at $28+ and mains at around $45.
It's a lovely place and we recommend it for special occasions

Wellington, New Zealand
“Great - but expensive”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Good venue, good food, excellent service - but priced at the extreme end - and value equation becomes challenging. It is a class act - but appears to have people use it irrespective of their knowledge of food - it's possibly become a place to be seen at?

Visited November 2012
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“Absolutely Perfect!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Enjoyed the degustation menu for the first time last night and was blown away by 6 absolutely faultless courses. The chef was also happy to tweak the menu for my husband who doesn't eat seafood and to adjust the degree of cooking on the venison and lamb for me as I am pregnant - felt very well looked after when we arrived to a custom menu printed just for us. My husband really enjoyed the suggested wine matches and we thought they were great value.
Every course was totally perfect but the feta terrine was possibly the best thing I have ever eaten and I would recommend it to everyone.

• Visited March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Absolute winner!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Went for the early bistro menu, expecting to be a bit rushed before the main service. What a pleasant surprise! We felt that we had the full fine dining experience.

The food was incredible, service exemplary and I look forward to going back when next in Wellington.