“The best”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Always come here when in Wellington, have just been again recently. The $12 lunch is extremely good value. Being in a large.group we were able to sample all the different rice and bread selections which was great. Meal was divine quick turnaround friendly and attentive staff. Only thing is that sometimes you can be so close to another table you feel like you might AA well be eating with them! Overall a fantastic dining experience delicious food and very very cheap for what you get.

There are newer reviews for Great India

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Being from Birmingham in the UK I have eaten many a curry in my time. When arriving in Wellington my wife and I decided to splash out on a nicer looking curry house for a special occasion. In hindsight I would have expected to pay a lot more for the quality of food and service we received. I could go on about the attentive service, quick turn around of food and drinks and quality of the flavours and ingredient but instead I'll just assure you if you like a curry this place will not disappoint.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Went there tonight and had to write a review, best Indian meal we have had probably ever. Staff are fantastic, 5 star service for a very reasonable price. Had chicken jalfrezi and the pork Goan, both perfectly spiced. Just yum. Totally recommend.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Took three family members out for dinners on a Monday , all lovers of Indian food. Chose the restaurant randomly from walking past. The service from the start was excellent. They checked if we had any time constraints and hung our coats for us. They explained the menu well and the cold beers were quickly on the table. We had the Tandoori grill set, jalfrezi, butter chicken(spiced as we requested) Goan pork, small rice and garlic naan. I usually skip entree as we always order way too much food. We had the tandoori set to start and is was a good harbinger for what followed. The food was excellent. The service great including helping us into our coats and opening the door or us on leaving. They have 4 new converts.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We always make a point of eating here whenever we are in Wellington. While it is not everything about a place, the service is second to none. Indian restaurants always offer a wide variety of vegetarian meals but here there is a good range of vegan options as well. Can't speak of the meat dishes but I'm sure they are of the same high standard. Well priced with a good wine list also.