“Perfect Service”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We did the $70 menu and it was sublime. Great sized servings. Service was impeccable and would go back for this alone. Highly, highly recommend. We will be back!

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Le Canard must be one of the best restaurants in Wellington. The Maître d'hôtel is a true french professional who will guide you through the fabulous menu. I ordered à la carte and nothing was wrong. The duck was the best I have ever had and you feel as though you are back in France.

1  Thank Scribo
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I grew up in Wellington and learned my French at the High school right behind this fabulous French restaurant - Le Canard. Our dining experience was nothing short of memorable.
Thomas , the Maitre de, was charming, gracious, professional and full of knowledge of the fabulous cuisine and wine list. His suggestions, presentation and service were first class as was his friendliness and attention to detail.
The meal we enjoyed was such a wonderful departure from the "same old, same old" menus we had been subjected to over a fortnight of travel throughout the South Island of New Zealand. With the exception of Wai in Queenstown, we had been disappointed with the fare we had been offered . However at Le Canard gave us escargot in the most amazing presentation I ad ever experienced - the combination of flavours and textures were perfectly balanced and every mouthful was a symphony. My lifetime favourite escargot dish. (and I have had a few!).
Our main courses excelled as well , both the Magret de Canard and the Confit de Canard were delicious and cooked perfectly.
Desserts did not disappoint, the standout dish of Pommes Pochees was a work of art and the traditional Creme Caramel was silky, rich and sublime.
We felt like we gad been transported to France and when next in Wellington we will make a beeline for this wonderful restaurant . Thank you Le Canard . Ruth Phillips

2  Thank ruthiephillips
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had the set menu lunch. This consists of a main, dessert and a glass of wine for $35 each. I chose the beef with the Le canard butter, french fries and salad. I enjoyed this a great deal, the beef had plenty of flavor. Wife had the pork which she also enjoyed. Desserts were a highlight, creme brûlée for her (she considered it the best she had eaten) and I had a chocolate mousse which was rich and delicious. There is a lovely atmosphere in the restaurant and it all felt very relaxed and spoilt.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is my favourite restaurant in Wellington. It has great food, superb service, its very chic and very romantic for a couple to visit. The staff are French and exceptionally attentive and pleasant. This is a great place for a special occasion. Monday night is BYO. It pays to book well in advance.

David P