“Anniversary”

Ranked #14 of 930 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: When you are looking for a delicious dining experience in a stunning setting try QT Museum Wellington's flagship, French inspired restaurant – Hippopotamus. Our broad menu is peppered with a delicious mix of comfort food and fine-dining dishes that are designed to satisfy your hunger. Our skilled service team will weave their way in and out of your experience ready to recommend their favourite dish and aperitif. In our adjoining Cocktail Bar mixologists armed with all the hip, new cocktails and a host of firm favourites that can either be enjoyed while you dine, or as a pre and post dining spot.
“Anniversary”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

A special experience - service - atmosphere - food Excellent.

I'd rate this one the best restaurants in Wellington.

• Visited April 2013

Wellington, New Zealand
“Top Quality Food and Service”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This restaurant is expensive but is one of the best in the country. We went there for our wedding anniversary and can highly recommend it.

• Visited November 2013
“Brilliant”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Probably would have to be my favourite restaurant in Wellington (a big call I know...)
- Service is universally excellent - the wait staff are generally all French, and are consummate professionals. They seem to look after all the little things that Kiwi service staff miss out on
- Food has always been amazing - have never hit a bad meal here
- Excellent wine list, great cocktails
- Stunning outlook over the harbour (why doesn't Wellington have more restaurants with this sort of view?!)

The only downside would be the price - it's not cheap, but for what you get is actually pretty good value.

• Visited March 2014
Cambridge, New Zealand
“Faultless afternoon tea!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

A fantastic high tea. Faultless service from the pleasant and efficient staff. An interesting and luxurious setting. An amazing view. The food was fantastic.

They were superb with our noisy little 11 month old.
It was a real treat!

• Visited February 2014
“Dissapointment”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Booked a lunch for 5 people for my engagement and catch up with family after travelling overseas for Christmas and new year. Both me and my partner work in respectable Restaurants in Wellington and had high expectations.Heard fantastic things about the place but was let down by service. I ordered the Duck Parfait which arrived after my main course of Pork Belly (best pork belly I've ever had in Wellington!) and same with my partner. Our first dish was explained in broken English and very quickly. We we're left to eat and then cleared without any questions about the meal and then our second meal arrived and was not explained at all. My Dad ordered a side salad with his Snapper which arrived on it's own with my second course (he did not order a second course).

The attention to customers was poor and there was no offer to help with any wine selecting/matching or a congratulations on engagement or anything special. Overall this was a displeasing experience and will not be returning any time soon.

On a positive note the food was outstanding!! Unfortunately there was nothing else that stood out for me.

• Visited March 2014