“Service a real let-down”
Review of Espressoholic

Espressoholic
Ranked #21 of 42 Coffee & Tea in Wellington
Cuisines: International
New Zealand
“Service a real let-down”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This used to be a dependable cafe, even though it was never one of my top choices. On a recent visit, the staff didn't seem particularly attentive or interested in their customers. I got an orange cardamom cake to take away, and asked for cream to go with it. When I got home, there was yogurt instead of cream, so not what I was really looking forward to. The cake was nice once I'd scraped the yogurt off. There are more places open long hours now, so I'd suggest going elsewhere.

• Visited May 2013

Wellington
“A wellington institution”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Always consistent, always great. Excellent coffee, food and service. A must go to cafe if visiting wellington.

• Visited April 2013
Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui, New Zealand
“Perfect for your coffee fix in Wellington”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This place was a fav of mine on Courtney Place and is now on 136 Cuba St. In a sea of good coffee places this one stands out. Coffee is consistently excellent. Staff are prompt and polite. And the food prefect portions for me... Not ponsy little things or over the top servings.

They've kept the funky card table tops and the dark interior they had on Courtney. Perfect if you're feeling hung over or like me like the atmosphere. They also have a super cute courtyard out back.

My husband and I got 2 flat whites (doubles are standard) and 2 banana and bacon pancake stacks for $36. Which were delicious and well priced for the city.

Munich, Germany
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Being on a diet and visiting New Zealand can be a problem: Everything is crumbed, battered, or otherwise drowned in calories, and it always comes with chips. But I wanted a salad, and I wanted it on Cuba Street. I had nearly given up when I found a "Spicey salad with beef" on Espressoholic's menu. And it hit the spot - a generous amount of fresh salad, elegantly seasoned with exotic spices, and on top a lean steak that dissolved on the tongue.
The ambiente is definitely not posh (though quirky), and the staff is not trained in that icy formality you may find elsewhere, but what the heck - I was on holiday!

• Visited February 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent coffee and pancakes”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Music inside was a bit loud for me so I sat on the outside seating bench for smokers. Bench had four seats but everyone else was inside. I later had a nice chat with a lady who came out to smoke then went in. I enjoyed sitting in open and watching people pass by. Coffee and pancakes with bananas and kiwi fruit was excellent. I am enjoying different pancake places as I move around NZ :-)