“Great veggie meals” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great veggie meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Having just arrived in wellington this is set to become a regular for us! Really good selection of veggie meals which taste great, are full of veggie goodness all at a great price in comfie surroundings.

• Visited September 2013

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Something warm in Windy Welly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

This amazing vegan and veggie restaurant was just down from my hotel in Wellington on the ever so cool Cuba Street. I visited back in August/September 2011 but I'm now just finding my love for Trip Advisor.

My first night in Wellington was a cold one, especially when going from summer back in the UK to winter in NZ, so I stopped in Aunty Mena's on the way back to the hotel - where I drowned myself in some amazing dumplings and fresh vegetables in a broth and a laksa dumpling curry.

The dumplings were well made and perfect and everything was very tasty and warm. Lots on offer and lots of locals - which is always a good sign!

A lovely, cheap and charming place, though I was a little lonely as I was travelling across NZ on my own *sad face* - Aunty Mena's both cheered me up and warmed me up. Great after a battering from across the Cook Strait.

• Visited September 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
“Tasty, fast, healthy and cheap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

You wouldn't look twice at this little gem on Cuba Street if you hadn't been told that they served up such high quality food. Luckily i had.

I had the Sezchuan chilli soup which was filled with tofu, shitake mushrooms and other delicious veges whilst my friend had the hearty Laksa with the gluten free noodles (just ask for the lighter rice noodles if you are on this diet).

The food was lovely, the service friendly and we both left feeling completely satisfied on a winters day. Relieved almost, like we'd given our bodies a decent dose of goodness to ward off the cold, blustery weather.

Will definitely be a regular going forward, especially considering my meal was under a tenner!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
gold coast
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Went to this place at least thrice during our holiday trip to Welly. Although the decor is nothing to write home about the food is absolutely delicious. Our toddler was also treated with a lot of respect and affection. We found the staff to be very polite, relaxed and friendly. They don't look lime they are just waiting to show you the door once you finish your meals.
I'll rate this place A++. Highly recommended for vegetarians. Expect great quality/quantity of food (and low expectations from the deco) and you wont be disappointed!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Neelsnz
Galway, Ireland
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

A vegan who got rather chubby living in Malaysia on exchange as a teenager, this restaurant was a dream come true. While the decor is super simple, the food is absolutely amazing - no amount of superlatives could do justice to the happiness I felt after eating here! Sadly only able for one meal in our stay, we managed to fit in 'Chicken' Skewers, Roti Chani and insanely good Char KwayTeow - can't wait until I'm back in Wellington - it will be a beeline straight to Aunty Mena's!

• Visited December 2012