“Very good value ”

Scopa Caffe Cucina
Ranked #38 of 911 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe, European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney
“Very good value ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We had a dinner on Friday night.. Me and my girlfriend !! We had a 2 beer and 2 glass we shared 1 pizza 1 plate of gnocchi 1 rocket salad !! Everything surrounded from a nice service and nice environment !! Spent the right price for a nice quality meal!!

Sydney, Australia
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in here about 6ish on our first evening in Wellington without a booking and were seen and seated straight away. It was pretty much full by 7.
The waitress advised the specials and we opted for a carbonara and the pizza of the week with a glass of montipulciano and tempranillo.
The montipulciano which was suggested as a good match for my pizza went superbly and both glasses of red were a perfect temparture.
My wifes carbonara was excellent. Simple food with quality ingredients done well.
My pizza was a white pizza with spicy spanish sausage and was equally as delicious.
desserts were pannacotta and tiramisu and both were again excellent.
One of the owners was also present and pitching in with his staff which is great to see.
Overall it was great experience, the place has a lovely buzzy atmosphere about it. Service was faultless and the food was superb.

Melbourne, Australia
“Absolutely horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

My husband and I went to Scopa's for an Easter dinner out whilst on holiday in Wellington.

It was one of the worst food experiences I have ever had in my life! Our waitress, Helen, did not make eye contact with us once. We had to ask to make our order (after the table next to us had to ask too). We ordered the capricciosa pizza and octopus spaghetti - both were very disappointing.

I ordered the hot chocolate, which was great. But I watched it being made, then left on the counter to get cold. Again I had to ask someone and said 'I think that's my hot chocolate on the counter, but it's been there a while, and I would like a new one please as it would be cold".

Again, we had to ask for the bill, and were couldn't believe that we actually had to pay for this food and experience! We stood waiting to pay, then the man at the till (who saw us waiting there for 5 minutes) served this other couple before us - and then was fake nice to us.
I was so angry and upset with this service and food that I wrote something on the back of the receipt and took it up when we paid. However, they took no notice of it and ignored it - like they did to us the whole night.

I am so angry that I came back to write this review as soon as we returned to our hotel.

There are so many awesome restaurants in Wellington - even in the vicinity of Scopa. So if you are going to Wellington, do not waste your money at Scopa!

Instead try El Matador across the road - the service, food and staff are 1000 times better!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Food_travellers_LS
Lorenzo B, Owner at Scopa Caffe Cucina, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us at Scopa.

Feedback is always welcomed, and taking the time to write to us on a receipt, to put a note under our door and to write on Trip Advisor is greatly respected!

The receipt however was not noticed and only went into the bin - that is what usually happens to unwanted receipts - so rest assured you were not being intentionally ignored on the night.

If only you had talked directly with one of the crew at the time we may have had the opportunity to improve your experience. We always want our customers to leave happy, full and content.

That said, this has been discussed with all the staff that worked that night and their perspective of events is quite different from yours. We are all perplexed as to how you received no eye contact at all from Helen, a valuable and friendly member of our team.

We offer our unreserved apology and hope that you enjoyed the rest of your time in Wellington.
Melbourne, Australia
“Fresh Pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

The best fresh pasta in wellington! Nice selection of wine too. Good and efficient service. We'll return for sure.

• Visited March 2014
Seattle
“Superb Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

We only had a short time in Wellington and were exploring Cuba Street when we came upon this place. It had tables in the window available and we wanted to people watch so decided to give it a try. The service was very friendly and efficient. This was our first meal in New Zealand, so we were surprised by how high the prices were for what you received, but found this to be fairly consistent throughout New Zealand. The pizza was very good and we would go back. We enjoyed the atmosphere and ambiance.

• Visited March 2014