“Awesome”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was a great restaurant to visit. The food, atmosphere, wine, décor and service were all excellent.
Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Scopa Caffe Cucina

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I've eaten at Scopa 10+ times over the years and always go for the pizza. They tick all boxes for me personally, authentic, thin, crusty bases and good tasty toppings. It's always busy, a good buzzing atmosphere and a great location for people watching, being located on Cuba Street. I quite often just pop in on the off chance of getting a table and if there's only 2 or 3 people, usually are seated straight away. The only time I have made reservations is for big groups. The service has always been quick and friendly.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

On a cold wintry evening, my friend and I thought we'd spend the evening at Scopa. Well, to our surprise we were basically shown the door as soon as we put our knives and forks down!

We weren't offered any tea or coffee, just given our bill!

I understand about turning the tables over, but really?

The food was sub-standard especially for the price you paid.

I will not be returning to this restaurant again.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Popped into the restaurant for dinner on my own early on Wednesday night. I was welcomed as a solo diner, which has been rare in Wellington, and given a nice table. The service was great and fast. I wasn't left alone for long periods of time, like I've found at many other restaurants in NZ. I ordered the Butternut Squash Tortelloni. It was fantastic. Had a sweet and savory flavor profile. I also had the grilled bread with it. Had a glass of Pinot Noir to complement the meal. Overall it came to just over $40 which is a grea deal in this town for such a fantastic meal!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

A friend suggested we meet at Scopa on a recent business trio to Wellington and I am SO glad she did. The restaurant is on the most colourful Cuba Street, the atmosphere in the restaurant was fabulous and the staff were so friendly, attentive and just lovely to deal with.

I had a beautiful glass of NZ Merlot wine to go with a NZ Buffalo Mozzarella Salad with its zingy grapefruit dressing, and garlic bread which was absolutely the best thing I have tasted in a long time....and ended my meal with an amazing Hot Chocolate. Would highly recommend the Hot Chocolate, so thick, chocolatey and creamy......heavenly end to a great meal.

All up came to just over $40 which was great value. Definitely visiting again when in Wellington.