“Great yum char and Chinese cuisine”
Review of Majestic Cuisine

Majestic Cuisine
Ranked #166 of 996 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My favourite restaurant for yum char. The food tastes fresh and delicious, whereas at other places it tastes greasy and a bit limp. The restaurant is medium sized so there's a good atmosphere. The decor down to the chopsticks exert a cleaner, sophisticated, and modern feel to the restaurant. I come here for dinner as well and there is a good selection of chinese food (beef, chicken, duck, seafood, chicken, etc) cooked in various chinese styles. All very tasty and for the price, is worth it.

1  Thank KayCeeNZ

Reviewed July 8, 2012

As a group of about 12 we did expect some delays in getting the orders out, but they staff were really efficient and managed to have everyone eating with the least amount of fuss. The food was great, with a good variety of unusual foods like chicken feet, fish swim bladders or deep fried intestines, if you like that sort of thing. I found the wine to be a bit overpriced with not enough 'by the glass' choices, but overall really great food for the price. The restaurant wasn't that busy for a Saturday evening even though lunch times are buzzing. I could see myself going back there for authentic Asian food.

1  Thank LvdW16
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The Majestic is our favourity Yum Char venue. You'd be advised to book and we usually opt if you want to go to Yum Char in the weekend; we usually opt for the earliest session.
What's so good about the Majestic is that you and request your favourite Yum Char dishes and this request is relayed to the kitchen and before you know it, they're at the table.
This type of dining seems to suit young and old - last time we visited we took our teenage children and my mother who is in her 80s. A good time was had by all

1  Thank RobMcG
Reviewed January 20, 2012

this is my favourite yum char place in Wellington. It's only medium size, with Chinese style decor and about 30 tables, so best book a table before Friday for a weekend yum char.
It's authentic Cantonese yum char with many types of dumplings and dim sum.
However, dinner menu features good selection of northern Chinese and Sichuan flavours. My husband (a wine drinker) is happy with their wine list too - not as extensive as a western fine dining restaurant, but with good selections of white or red which goes well with spicy or source-rich northern Chinese cuisine. I find food there quite authentic Chinese.

1  Thank Wendy Y
Reviewed December 19, 2011

The Majestic is a fabulous place to eat if you're after some super Yum Cha and hot Chinese tea. It's definitely our favourite place to go if you're suffering from a bit too much wine the night before. Who knew that Jasmine Tea could cure hangovers?
The staff are great and we are always welcomed with a smile when we turn up. Even when it's totally packed we can normally have a table found, but I would suggest booking to save you from the wait. Once seated, however, the wait is over as they always have plenty of staff on to get the food to all the hungry diners.
Go try the Majestic. We go every few weeks and it never disappoints.

2  Thank gurusammyb