“Solid”

Crazy Horse Steak House
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2014

If you feel the need for a hearty steak, go to Crazy Horse (rather than Lone Star). While you won't get the wow factor of El Matador, you will get a very well cooked steak and excellent service. Feels like it never left the 1980s, but that works in its favour.

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were looking forward to a nice dinner after a basic pizza the night before as we arrived late into Wellington.

We walked past this restaurant during the day and decided we would dine here that evening.

It proved to be a very good choice. We were warmly greeted and offered a choice of table along with tap or bottled water.

Our steaks were cooked as ordered and the sides, although small portions, complimented our steaks.

There is a good selection of wines by the glass and while this restaurant is in the higher priced bracket, the service, food and wine along with linen tablecloths and napkins justify this as you only get what you pay for on many occasions.

We definitely recommend you treat yourself to enjoying a fine dinner at the Crazyhorse Steakhouse while in Wellington and we sincerely hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Best Wishes,

Mike and Daniela
Mike's Wine Tours
Melbourne
Australia.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

What a shame. I have been to Crazy horse many many times to enjoy their AMAZING 2 4 1 steaks on a Monday. My friends and I chose to try Crazy Horse for one of their sunday roasts. There were 13 of us. Hoping for the same quality of the steaks, I was looking forward to the meal. However was soooo disapointed when the food came out, our meat was rare rare rare. Agreed beef should be certainly no more than medium to rare, but this was nearly still mooin'!! I didn't say anything as I thought maybe this is just how they serve it here and that it was all good. When asked how my meal was, I mentioned the rareness of the meat, only to be answered that they agreed, it should not of been served so rare and that they do not normally serve it that was!!!! Didn't want to make a fuss, so didn't question why then, did they serve it to us like that. They must of made a blummind fortune out of us that evening, and I just felt like we'd not been taken care of properly and was very disapointed. Still this will ot stop me going back for the best steak in Wellington! Come on guys, brush up on the roasts.

Adam C, Manager at Crazy Horse Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Hi,

First of all we apologise that you didn't have the experience you have come to expect of Crazy Horse. Our Sunday Roast is very popular and yes, we normally serve the meat medium rare. We only have the opportunity to fix things if you make us aware at the time, although we understand that can sometimes feel uncomfortable. Please contact me directly at info@crazyhorsethesteakhouse.co.nz and allow us to make things right. Apologies again.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Fabulous steak! Worth going here just for the caramelised onion alone. The don't have a children's menu, but our eight year old enjoyed a small steak with mashed potato and carrots. We would absolutely recommend Crazy Horse and would definitely go back when next in Wellington.

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

We dined there tonight, my husband had the sirloin, $40 just for steak, happy to pay that price but half was gristle! The waitress didn't even ask how our meals where, even when half the steak was left! The roast was good. Sat there and no one offered us dessert or coffee so we left. Wouldn't go back!