“Very small quaint restaurant with nice food but no comparison to other fine food bistros in the area.”
Review of Charlie Bill - Fine Food Bistro - CLOSED

Charlie Bill - Fine Food Bistro
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Charlie Bill brings you modern New Zealand cuisine with an emphasis on honest, wholesome food in a cosy and intimate dining environment. Award-winning chef Hemi Tahu and partner Leigh Thornett look forward to welcoming you to Charlie Bill - Fine Food Bistro. Located on Tinakori Road a stone's throw from the city centre.
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I was surprised when i walked into the restaurant to find that it holds a maximum of 30 people. family run i believe so service was friendly and helpful. food came out in good time which was tasty but reasonably basic. desserts were definately not the best ive ever had so next time il just stick with entrees n mains. Nice restaurant but i was hoping for more.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have visited this restaurant on a number of occasions and the food and service have always been fantastic. I love the small, cosy atmosphere, and although not the most exciting of interiors, I feel like therefore i'm paying for the skills of the chef rather than expensive rent!!
A great suburban restaurant, can't wait to go back again :)

1  Thank thomasgates
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were on a visit to Wellington, from England to see our new grandson. We were looking for a place close by to have a nice meal with our daughter and her partner. Searching Trip Advisor and other review sites, Charlie Bill's seemed to provide all our needs and we were particularly intrigued by the one poor report of a table under the stairs. This, as we discovered, seemed to be a bit overstated and was simply a cosy table for two. We found a good menu to suit all our requirements. The food was excellent and prepared as we each required. There was a good range of local wines and other drinks available. The bistro had a cosy atmosphere and excellent service, provided personally by the owner. The whole evening was a very good experience with good humour and a very professional approach.

1  Thank Colin R
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I went here for my birthday. Based on the other reviews I surely came at a bad time.

We were wedged into a small space beneath some stairs as I recall. We were the only ones there, granted.

Dinner was, luke warm, and I think, came with frozen peas and corn.

The wine was good.

The service was around the corner somewhere.

I will try again though.

Quite an expensive Bill.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was back at Charlie Bill for about 4th visit and once again was simply astounded by how good this place is. How can it be so good and not have a lot more said about it?

The food is superb. A simple menu but such good flavours! Every time I go back I try not to have what I had last time, and I am never disappointed.

Service is great and the food is great. Small and intimate, and even having to go outside to use the toilet adds to the experience.

If you live in Wellington and haven't been, shame on you. If you are visiting and want an intimate place to try some of the best Wellington has to offer, don't miss it.

1  Thank Dave K