“Excellant Service, food and coffee”

Espresso Garden Cafe
Ranked #21 of 35 Coffee & Tea in Tauranga
Reviewed May 27, 2017

Had the 'Mega Breakfast' This had sausage, hashbrowns, bacon, mushrooms, toast and eggs. I had the choice of how I wanted my eggs cooked. I went for scrambled.

I also had a flat white coffee, the barista, Paula, sure knows how to make a flat-white to perfection. Nothing was too much trouble. I dropped my fork, and instantly had a new one bought out to me without asking. Would thoroughly recommend to everybody!

Reviewed May 17, 2017

I can't fault the surroundings (i.e. sitting amongst the garden centre's plants while eating lunch) but the food was not something I would go back for. I probably enjoy greasy foods more than the average person but even I couldn't finish the hash browns that came with my meal, nor my husband's fries that came with his. Hubby had a burger with a ground beef patty and said it was completely tasteless. Other reviewers have mentioned bad service and we experienced a mixed bag in this regard. The lady who served us at the counter was an absolute delight and welcomed us like old friends. The other two staff members we interacted with were both surly and looked like they hated their jobs and resented us having ordered food from their cafe.

Management response:Responded May 27, 2017

Thank you for your review. There are a number of aspects of the review that we find difficult to reconcile: (1) that all our food is made on site including the beef patty in the mega burger. We use only topside mince from a local butcher and the recipe includes wholegrain mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion and garlic, plus the burger has egg, chutney, tomato and aoili, and is served in a focaccia bun that is baked at a quality bakery. It is therefore difficult to understand how this could be considered tasteless; (2) we use only quality oil for frying and cook at 180 degrees to ensure that the chips are always crisp. The setting is never changed and we have never had an adverse comment about any of our deep fried foods. To the contrary, we regularly receive compliments; (3) we have an extensive menu to chose from so if fried items are not what is being sought, there are plenty of other meals to select from including a range of savouries in the cabinet to blackboard meals . The cafe is privately owned and we work hard to provide great food and to deliver a high quality experience. If there was something that you felt did not meet this standard, we would have appreciated the opportunity to put this right. We must also say that we have a very good team that takes service delivery seriously. We have taken the opportunity to share this review with them to further emphasise the importance of the interactions they have with our customers. The owners.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

My husband and I have been here on several occasions, either breakfast or coffee and a snack, every single time we have been, the food and beveridges has been outstanding, always cooked or presented to a high standard. It's a place we know we can go and always know we are going to get great food for great value, I mean you don't mind paying good money for good food and service. Every time staff have been lovely and friendly and very professional and they make you feel welcome. This cafe has never let us down, we have always left feeling completely satisfied with both food and service, totally recommend it

1  Thank Tony O O
Reviewed December 31, 2016

Went there on New Years Eve with friends. Food a bit limited but coffee OK. Staff were not happy and could do with 'service with smile' not just plonk the food on the table.

Reviewed September 22, 2016

Nice large typical kiwi cafe inside MEGA and the seating is looking into the store's garden area. Great place for a morning coffee. They also serve breakfast and sandwiches as well as various cabinet desserts.

1  Thank stoketun