Somerset Cottage
Ranked #62 of 408 Restaurants in Tauranga
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The restaurant has always been very good with the food and ambience. Since the restaurant introduced an additional weekly menu, the food options are diverse and very good for a regular visitor.

2  Thank thesmdm

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Only been here 3 times in 28 years and this time was certainly the best so far -intend to be back again sooner rather than later. Restaurant almost full so no parking in the car park. Little table -too small for 2 large plates with the things in the middle . Food melt in the mouth, different to what we would do at home and done with quiet elegance, attentive but not overbearing.
It was nice also to beable to take along a special bottle of wine and not be told we couldn't have it;rather I will decant this for you and you felt it was in good and experienced hands.
A great night.

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I'm fortunate to have tried a few restaurants throughout NZ and I would rate Somerset in my top ten. I have been se era times over the last ten years and never been disappointed. It is fine dining so if your not looking for a lone star type meal and appreciate presentation and taste as opposed to volume then this is for you. Service, ambience and portion sizes spot on.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

we took some clients to somerset house for a meal , arrived early and was offerd some macadamia nuts and an orange juice and we sat on the back porch and enjoyed a quite time at the end of a very busy day before our absolutly fabulous meal , the evening was seemless and the staff were attentive without being a hinderence to the evening , well done will visit again

1  Thank Mark G
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have eaten dinners and lunches here a few times over the past few years. The meals are always delicious......not large portions but tasty and well presented. The only negative comment I have is that on my last visit, the management/staff were not so friendly or obliging and the food was rather ordinary. Maybe because there was a large group of us.