“Nice place”

Ranked #68 of 402 Restaurants in Tauranga
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2012

A super restaurant, lovely food, great service. Really enjoyable.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We treated ourselves to an experience and cost to fine dine. This was a new experience for us and a first time. The atmosphere was friendly, warm, inviting and romantic. The lighting was dimmed to give that air of mysticism. We ordered starters, main and desert. Whilst I admit I am a bulk truckie type consumer of food. The main I ordered was duck. There was more plate than there was duck. It was really fancy amd pretty, It should have been in an art display. My partner reminded me, this was fine dining, not the truckstop. However, One mouth full of duck blew my taste buds away, how exquisite it tasted. Second mouth full and the duck was gone and I am hankering for more please. The desert was something else, another art form. Seemed ashamed I had to eat that too. Fine dining? Very elegant indeed. I'll stick to the truck stop. Sorry darling.... I know you loved the romance of fine dining, I'm learning.

2  Thank Mykara
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This was once the Marque in Tauranga, the "Special Occasion" restaurant but alas I feel that the place has gone off the boil now. The staff seem to pay special attention to friends tables and the rest of the guests feel somewhat neglected. On our special occasion it was our daughter's birthday and my son and daughter-in-law had arrived secretly from London and we chose Somerset to surprise our daughter. We hardly saw the Manageress who was swanning around another table all night. The vegetables to share at the table were very disappointing and overall we were left with the impression that the place and the management are tired. I dine in the city now.

10  Thank Ian-NewZealand
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We went there recently to celebrate our wedding anniversary and had a really nice meal, beautifully cooked fish. I liked the way they included the vegetables with the meal so you didn't have to pay extra for all the vege dishes. It is a very classy place and I would recommend it for a special occassion, very professional service and easy to park outside.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Went in a party of eight for dinner in March 2012. Service and food were excellent - one of the best meals of a 2-week vacation. We changed the number of guests twice within 2 days of dining and it was no problem at all.

Brought our own wine and even with corkage of $10 it was still great value.

I highly recommend this restaurant.