“A memorable lunch experience”

Mills Reef Winery & Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 422 Restaurants in Tauranga
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cellar door Offering tasting & wine sales Open 10am to 5pm daily Restaurant Indoor & outdoor a la carte dining Open for brunch & lunch Dinner by reservation
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My family of 4 went for lunch today. The waitress was very kind allowing our little darling bichon frise to be stationed at the verandah outside the restaurant for shelter as it was a chilly and wet day. She even brought a bowl of water for our dog. The food from the entree to all our mains tasted so wonderfully good and we were just savouring every bit of it. The 4 of us agreed that the food was one of the tastiest and freshest that we have eaten in Tauranga and elsewhere in NZ. The price is reasonable too. Overall we are definitely pleased with the food and the excellent service from the friendly and smiling lady who was serving us. My husband and I had coffee and they tasted so good that we had to order a takeaway for the road. And, of course, we bought a couple of bottles of their wine as well. Defintely will be telling friends and family members to eat at this place when they visit Tauranga!

1  Thank ElsieLim

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My sister and I went there just for a look. Ended up having some delicious tastings served by very knowledgeable staff. We then decided to stay for lunch and staff could not do enough to ensure we had a delightful meal and delicious wines. Very attentive and pleAsant. A lovely afternoon. Hightly recommended.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went to MIll Reef for the second time , very excited, but we were let down by the waiting staff , had to ask for our drinks, then again for some water , then they bought out the wrong meals ! It just went on and on !!! But our meals made up for it ! They were amazing !

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I took my husband out to lunch on Fathers day. Telling him it was a mystery lunch I am taking him to.
So I chose Mills Reef in Tauranga.
The service was excellent. Lovely girl serving us.
The food was so delicious I could not fault anything.
Will be doing this again. Thanks Mills Reef..

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Went there for dinner to celebrate friend's birthday, wonderful attentive service from start to finish. As we were in no hurry and out for evening really appreciated the fact we didn't feel rushed and there was a pause between courses. All meals - seafood chowder, buffalo mozarella with mushroom, tomato confit and rocket salad, platter, and the main which we all had (couldn't resist...) Lamb short loin wellington, porcini puree, potato fondant & port wine reduction were superb and at a reasonable price for this sort of "high quality" food. Had 2 bottles of Elspeth 2009 Merlot, smooth, just right for what we had.
Although there were others there really appreciated you could hear those at the table as this is not a large open barn style place with wooden floors and all open. My only criticism is they really need to do something about the decor, quite tired, very dull, and the same as when place 1st opened. However on a Summer's day or if having lunch you'd have the gardens to look out to.