“Friday Night Dinner”

Ranked #67 of 443 Restaurants in Tauranga
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2018

We decided to go for dinner at the last minute on a Friday night. Iwas able to ring and book a table without any hassles. The staff are very welcoming and the food was excellent.

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

The Food was so bad, their margarita pizza was the worst I’ve tired, there “homemade tomato sauce” that was on the pizza, the same sauce that was in the gnocchi dish I had was so watery and bland. Don’t really know how they can serve it, I mean are they not tasting the food that’s going out. Also the pasta portions were tiny not that it mattered because it wasn’t worth eating. The two other dishes that came out that my family had where also tasteless and over cooked chicken in the dish. Staff didn’t seem to care that we weren’t pleased with the food. Will not be going back, don’t was your time and money

SasoiVesna, Owner at Salva D'Or Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you for reviewing our Restaurant for 3rd time from three different profiles. I posted my reply on one of your reviews under the name of Jon Wynn on our google page. All the best in your life.

Regards
Salva D'or

Reviewed July 11, 2018

I am reluctant to write this review but it must be said! The evening I spent at this restaurant was the most entertaining (in a bad way) that I have ever experienced!
I arrived a little early (a group of four) so was shown to my reserved table where I sat and waited until the others turned up. 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes went by and at this stage I wondered if I had the wrong night as the others were nowhere to be seen. Finally after 1 hour I text the others and immediately got a text back to say they were in the restaurant and had been waiting for me for an hour! I got up and went around the corner and there they were seated at another table (supposedly reserved for the same party of four!) After the owner apologised profusely we ordered and yes! one hour later the meals arrived (i know the restaurant was full but...) More apologies, the chef was away and they were snowed under. The orders were mixed up so the well done steak was given to the medium rare guest. The onions that were supposed to be with the well done steak were on the medium rare plate! More apologies! WORST WAS TO COME. The steak meals (3 of them ) had ice cold veges on ice cold plates! The broccoli and carrots were straight out of the freezer. Enough was enough so they were all sent back only to return with red hot plates and still cold veges. Funny enough the steak was delicious! Meanwhile,I had the Lasagne which was perfectly done and enjoyable.
More apologies by the owner and we were rewarded with a delicious Creme Brulee and Tiramisu desserts. Phew! what and evening. We finally were the last ones to leave well after 10pm and I'm glad to say the owner would not let us pay for the meal.
All in all a comedy of errors but happily resolved in the end . I put it down to one of those nights!

1  Thank ArchitectNick
SasoiVesna, Owner at Salva D'Or Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2018

Dear customer,

Thank you for writing this review with an interesting title: "A comedy of errors".
I am also reluctant to write this reply but it must be said too. The evening when you arrived (Wednesday) you sat on a table that was reserved for four people and the other three people (your friends) arrived later and when I asked your friends if they are after a table for three people they said yes. So, we gave a different table to your friends because I did not see any connection between you and them as they said that they are booked for three people. I understand your frustration that you were waiting for them for long time but you started blaming us that we made a big big mistake and saying that "TripAdvisor will hear for this mistake etc" - I am just repeating your words that you said on the night. However, we apologized promptly and we discussed about that but you made us feel very uncomfortable the whole evening with comments about writing on TripAdvisor and similar comments that you are not going to pay for the meals etc. I put myself in your position as a customer and still can not find a normal reason of doing that.
I am sorry to hear that your plates were: "ice cold" but please be aware that this is a Restaurant and in our Restaurant we do have a plate warmer which we use all the time and we never serve food on cold plates same as we do not serve and eat cold veggies straight from the freezer. Why we should serve to our customers cold veggies straight from freezer? We are boiling and preparing the vegetables every single day and there is no chance that they can be ice cold. Our plates are medium warm and we do not go more than that because the servers could potentially burn themselves. However, we warmed up again the plates and the vegetables as you requested and still was not enough warm for you. I understand that everyone has own taste and opinion to express but for something that is warm can not be said that is ice cold. The onions were served by mistake on the other plate instead of the correct one and your friend was not charged for that, although it is interesting that your friend noticed that he does not have the onions on his plate and that he is eating medium-rare stake instead of well-done when he was about to finish the meal.

I will not comment further the complementary desserts, the hot chocolate as well as the lemon lime bitter which you said you can not drink it because it is from a bottle and contains sugar (but the sugar in the desserts was fine)...enough is enough as you said.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Visited 8 July, with friends. Friendly staff, good food and very pleasant atmosphere. Recommend highly.

Dear customer,

Thank you for taking time to review our Restaurant, we really appreciate your feedback:)

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

Away from downtown parking hassles is the first bonus.
Warm welcome and warm inside on a cold night.
The food. So good,good size serves and soo yum.

Dear customer,

Thank you for your review. It means a lot to us to hear that you had a very pleasant evening in our Restaurant. Thank you again.

Kind Regards