“Gorgeous setting”

Trinity Wharf Tauranga
Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Tauranga
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is the third time we have stayed at the Trinty Wharf and it is still one of the lovliest hotels in New Zealand. The restaurant has a fabulous menu and very professional wait staff and the cooked breakfast in the morning is great value for $20.00 and all you can eat, with coffees etc... The highlight is sitting outside on the deck in the sun enjoying breakfast!!!! The only reason I didn't award five stars is because there was no hotel compendium of what was where etc... about the hotel in our room, only two scrappy photocopied bits of paper with only the room service and restaurant menus on them. If this hotel wants to market itself as a frontrunner is should be professional throughout. (It is elsewhere) .
We just stayed one night this time so booked an ordinary room without the view which was fine also, but I would recommend spending a wee bit more and getting a room with a sea view, this is spectacular!!!!

Room Tip: Book a room with a view it is worth every cent!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary D, General Manager at Trinity Wharf Tauranga, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Marjorie R

Happy New Year....and thank you so very much for taking the time and effort in posting a review of your stay here on Trip Advisor.

Your review is especially exciting for us, not only for saying we are "one of the loviest hotels in NZ' but coming from a guest that has stayed and experienced our offering several times before. You have not only made my day but also my whole week....I am sure the team at the hotel will be spur-ed on to achieve greater guest satisfaction with your postive comments.

I do however apologise for the non-existant compendium in your room during your stay, we recently went independent of a major hotel chain, and were required to change out our compendium but due to some delays, we have yet to receive the new version. I can assure you it is not long before we do receive this, and you will be happy to note that I believe it keeps with the decor and professionalism that we have here in the hotel.

Once again, thank you so very much for posting a review of your stay here on Trip Advisor. It really is with honest feedback of this nature can we judge the quality of our facilities, meals and services we provide you, our guest.

We look forward to being able to welcomed you back to the hotel and our beautiful city of Tauranga in the not too distant future. We also wish you and your family a great start to this New Year.

There are newer reviews for Trinity Wharf Tauranga

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Loved the stay here - clean and modern rooms. nice and quite waterfront location. plenty of parking. cant ask for more really. The one disappointment was the WiFi connection. you only get 10mb of free data per 24 hours. quite pathetic to be frank. would have given it 100% if not for that.

Room Tip: Harbor view rooms without balcony's get very hot on clear mornings!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary D, General Manager at Trinity Wharf Tauranga, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear MrBuisness

Happy New Year and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay here on Trip Advisor.

We are extremely happy to learn that you "loved your stay" with us and I do apologise if you found the free-of-charge 25MB not sufficient, however this is a free service being provided by a third party (EOL Limited) in and around Tauranga and is not limited to only the hotel. My understanding is that they are currently looking at ways at increasing the free MB , but I am unable to confirm this at the moment.

Once again, thank you so very much for taking the time and effort in posting a review of your stay here on Trip Advisor. We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel and our beautiful city of Tauranga in the not too distant future.

Wishing you and your family a great start to the New Year.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We came to stay at the Trinity through an online deal . There are sometimes catches with these opportunities but not this one . Stayed four nights in Dec 2012.
The hotel is lovely , prime positon that is with views from some rooms ,the terrace surrounding the dining room and reception lounge and close to town . Very clean and lovely friendly helpful staff . At last a service provider that understands "service" . The only disappointment was ,we did not have access to the pool three of the four days we were there ,due to weddings/functions that required the use of the pool surrounds. (from about mid day till 5 pm ) .

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with a seaview .
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Gary D, General Manager at Trinity Wharf Tauranga, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Lynda G

Happy New Year...and thank you so very much for taking the time and effort in this busy season to post a review here on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to learn of your experience here at the hotel, and we are especially estatic about your very kind comments " at last a service provider that understands service"....wow!

It really is with honest feedback of this nature can we honestly judge ourselves on the quality of our facilities, meals and services we provide you, our guest.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel and our beautiful city of Tauranga in the not too distant future, and if I can be of any additional assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Wishing you and your family a great start to this New Year!

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I loved this hotel! From the monent we arrived there where smiling staff. Check-in was a breese, the young lady who served us was smiling and very helpful. The foyer has a lovely inviting appeal and my thought was that my holiday starts here. We had booked the 3 night deal so didnt expect to much of a room, we where very pleasantly suprised. A large room with modern decor, beautiful bathroom with floor heating, (although we didnt need to use it.) We did have the cappark as a view but it is pleasantly gardened and this was not a trip where we expected to sit in our room and look out the window. A short walk down the corridor took us to a balcony over the water. What stood out for us was the cleanlyness of the room, it smelt fresh and i swear staff polished water marks of the shower hinges daily it was just that clean :-). We had a big tub which my husband utilised with pleasure. We walked each evening into the main eating area or Taronga and returned to have drinks in the longe overlooking the water as the sun went down. Bar staff where very helpful with wine choices, service was exellent!! I wish I had eaten here as I found out later that the food is exellent here, next time. Parking was easy too. Location was great and although close to road and the traffic bridge we didn't here a thing. Book and enjoy we loved it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LIZandELT
Gary D, General Manager at Trinity Wharf Tauranga, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear LIZandELT

Thank you so very much for taking the time and effort in dropping us your thoughts here on Trip Advisor.

Wow....you have made my day today and I am sure the entire team will also be delighted to learn about your comments about the hotel especially coming from a senior Trip Advisor contributor such as your good self.

The hotel is now over six years old now, and it is a testament to the deligence and attention to detail from both the housekeeping & maintenance crews that allows us to continue being fresh and clean at all times.

Once again, thank you so very much for taking the time and effort in posting your commnets here on Trip Advisor and we look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel and our beautiful city of Tauranga in the not too distant future.

Hoping you have a Merry Christmas and a great start to the New Year.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Can not fault the location, everything is new and fresh. Stayed in Room 311 which had a view of a back Carpark and no balcony which was disappointing but you can not always have a view. The bar staff were friendly and efficient. A 10 minute slow walk to town had every restaurant you could want, so five stars for location. My only gripe was with checking staff they were not interested in making my stay special all I got for an introduction was can I have your credit card and the lift to your floor is around the corner. I got lost and had to come back for a map no apology, and no assistance with attractions in the area. Lucky I have a voice to ask. Maybe I am in the wrong age bracket and was not the desired customer?

Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank african_aussie
Gary D, General Manager at Trinity Wharf Tauranga, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear african_aussie,

Thank you so very much for taking the time and effort in posting a review of your stay here on Trip Advisor.

I am both somewhat estatic and dissapointed to learn about your comments, especially coming from a Trip Advisor senior contributor such as your good self.

Estatic that after being open for more than 6 years, you found the hotel still very new and fresh, this really is a testamemt to the maintenance and housekeeping crews that we have...also loved your comments about the bar staff and about how cool it is to be able to stroll into town to enjoy the flavours we have there. This really captures the 'scene" of what our guest can enjoy.

Dissapointed that our team on the front desk, which literally is the first point of contact for our guest, was not able to sufficiently look after you. Please accept my apologies for this but be assured that I will be passing on your comments to the team.

Once again, thank you so very much for taking the time and effort in letting us know your personal thoughts about your stay with us. It really is with honest feedback of this nature can we honestly judge the value of our facilities, food and services we provide you, our guest.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was very surprised with this hotel. Clean, smart, well designed and located. Rooms OK, plain but comfortable.

Walking distance to the Strand in Tauranga for dinner and right on the water.

Will come back here again when I next stay in Tauranga.

Room Tip: Get a room with a water view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GriffinFamily4
Gary D, General Manager at Trinity Wharf Tauranga, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear GriffinFamily4

The team and I are delighted to learn of your observations & comments, and we appreciate all 5 ticks that you gave us for our rating, this especially coming from a Trip Advisor Top contributor.

I look forward to being able to welcome you and hopefully your family back in the not too distant future. If I can be of any future assistance, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

The rooms are very spacious and comfortable.

Food a-la-carte is the way to go with lunch and dinner menus being outstanding. Prawns so fresh you could swear they caught them only a few hours before it made it to table and very balanced flavours in their meals.

The breakfast buffet (likely because it wasn't a busy weekend) looked like it had been prepared the night before or re-used from the previous day with ham looking leathery and cut fruit wrinkly. Again, order a-la-carte and you will get something very fresh and cooked to perfection.

The only frustrating point was one of the receptionists on duty was rather dim. I was awaiting a call from overseas and when finally put through my caller had tried 7 times with no answer, 3 times hung up on and twice transferred to emergency services (I was in room 111 which is the NZ version of 911 or 000).

Upon investigating what was happening in reception, the said staffer was simply ignoring the phone ringing and when prompted by me, she said she was busy doing admin (there weren't even customers at the front desk).

Had it not been for this incident and my caller begging for her to be sacked, my stay was actually quite lovely.

The hotel is only a short and lovely stroll along the water to the Strand and CBD and just at the gate of the bridge to drive out to Mt Manganui.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Ruby R

Thank you so very much for taking the time and effort in posting a review of your recent stay here on Trip Advisor.

The team & I am delighted to learn that you considered your stay "quite lovely" apart from the telephone incident with our receptionist and I am especially delighted that you found our a la carte menu to your liking.

I do apologise for the less than adequate responce & service with regards to the telephone incident. I find this rather odd and somewhat embarrasing, that a team member would not purposely complete a service task, and choose to respond to a guest in that manner.Please be assured that I have posed your comments to the team, only to ensure that they are constantly aware that their actions and responce are critical to our guest needs, and they must ensure this is never negleted for any 'admin" duties that they may have.

However, I honestly believe I have a great team on our front desk, while not perfect, they do try very hard to please our guest and I am sure with keeping their focus on providing excellent customer service, they can become champions.

Once again, thank you so very much for taking the time and effort in posting a review of the hotel here on Trip Advisor. It really is with honest feedback of this nature, can we judge the value of our facilities, meals and services we provide you, our guest.

If I can be of any future assistance here in our beautiful city of Tauranga, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.