All reviewsspa bathtea and coffeeclose to townnext morningunit
Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

Second time to stay here after a night at the theatre.
Huge room and wide access to bathroom and open shower. Would be suitable for disabled visitors.

Room is clean and comfortable but is definitely no fills. Has nice fridge/microwave set up and good supply of tea and coffee.

It was a cold wet night, but the room had a really effective heater and we both warmed up and dried out very quickly.

Good parking and only a short walk to the main shopping area.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
nemich001, Manager at Durham Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

Thanks your great review.

Thanks again, we do have 2 access units for disabled people.
We are getting our revamp in June 2018 and are very exited.

Reviewed May 2, 2017

The motel is centrally located easy to find checked in okay easy walking to shops good for short stays unit overdue for a comb over wall paper lifting of walls however
room was tidy and clean so no complaints in this area.
Found wi-fi a bit dickey kept dropping out

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple

Thanks for review.

Yes we are very exited as our revamp is scheduled for June 2018.

Reviewed April 29, 2017

We spent two nights at this establishment. The people we dealt with were lovely and very helpful. Pretty tidy and clean overall although, we did find a safety pin next to one child's bed and when we went to pick it up noticed a sock just under it. We had a separate room with a double bed and there were two singles in the main room. The main room is just too small for two single beds. We only had two dining chairs for the table so had to sit on the couch (we moved the table next to it to eat dinner/pizza) and the kids were so low down; it was either that or the beds to sit on which they did the next morning to eat their cereal. There was only one 2 seater couch between the two singles which was pretty uncomfortable - teens had to sit/lay on their beds. Certainly OK if you are not eating there or wanting to lounge around or rest in your room but, as a family too small for a proper family room to spend more than a night in. Also kids had to go through the bedroom to the bathroom which didn't worry us but, they felt uncomfortable. Must say the spa bath in our bathroom was a lovely surprise and helped with sore feet and back after hiking around the area. Would certainly stay again if had to stop off in TGA for the night as it's a pretty good location and good service but, not with family as a bit cramped and certainly not for a lengthy stay.

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank LisaRose67

Thanks for your review.

Thanks again, its our mission to give every guest good service as we want all our guests to return as all our business is based on return guests.

Reviewed April 8, 2017

We arrived to the owner with a gruff and almost aggressive tone. Having a funeral to attend, we had requested and gained an 11am check in. However he did not check and obviously in state of flux after morning check outs the host made a difficult visit more so.
The rooms were average but certainly not worth $150 per night. Toilet light did not function, the bathroom fan sounded like a train taking off and the area viewed through the bathroom window exposed a grungy view including rotting nappies. My suggestion is do not stay here. Will never return.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2017

I have lived in Tauranga majority of my life, recently moving to Auckland I came down with a few girl friends for a 21st. Never in my life have I experienced such poor, arrogant and extremely inappropriate service. My girl friends and I were in bed one morning and one of the male cleaners (without knocking or letting us know that he was about to enter) stormed into our room to check how we were living, and started replacing the toilet paper, picking up towels etc. As he left he whipped me with a towel while I was in bed and said "you are a dirty girl aren't you". Not only was I shocked as this is highly inappropriate, but our room door was locked, and he had used a key to enter without our permission, having a male walk into our hotel room uninvited or without our knowledge, as 4 women this had us concerned about our safety.

Also, I am not a messy person, regardless how the room is presented my friends and I had paid money to hire the space, how we live in it is for that time is none of their concern unless we gave them reason to be concerned that we were disrespecting it (which we were not at all).
15 mins prior to checking out 2 staff members barged into our room and began to start cleaning, changing the sheets on the bed etc as my girlfriends and I were getting changed. Our privacy and space that we had PAID for was completely invaded and disrespected. It was a real shame considering every other part of our stay was enjoyable.

Like I said I have grown up in Tauranga for 18 years and never have I ever experienced anything like this. I would never stay here again and I am willing to take this further as they should not be in this part of hospitality and service.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank JasO21

Thanks for your review.

So sorry to hear about your shocking experience.
The cleaner who flicked you with a towel has subsequently been fired and the manager does no longer work here.
However we did make a call to him to clear up any misunderstandings and apparently you guys were partying quite badly and they were going to evict you guys of the property for excessive noise as there also heaps of complaints about noise.

We took over here in March and we pride our self's on professional behavior so please come and give us another chance.