All reviewsspa bathtea and coffeeclose to townnext morningunit
Reviewed April 3, 2017

I have lived in Tauranga majority of my life, recently moving to Auckland I came down with a few girl friends for a 21st. Never in my life have I experienced such poor, arrogant and extremely inappropriate service. My girl friends and I were in bed one morning and one of the male cleaners (without knocking or letting us know that he was about to enter) stormed into our room to check how we were living, and started replacing the toilet paper, picking up towels etc. As he left he whipped me with a towel while I was in bed and said "you are a dirty girl aren't you". Not only was I shocked as this is highly inappropriate, but our room door was locked, and he had used a key to enter without our permission, having a male walk into our hotel room uninvited or without our knowledge, as 4 women this had us concerned about our safety.

Also, I am not a messy person, regardless how the room is presented my friends and I had paid money to hire the space, how we live in it is for that time is none of their concern unless we gave them reason to be concerned that we were disrespecting it (which we were not at all).
15 mins prior to checking out 2 staff members barged into our room and began to start cleaning, changing the sheets on the bed etc as my girlfriends and I were getting changed. Our privacy and space that we had PAID for was completely invaded and disrespected. It was a real shame considering every other part of our stay was enjoyable.

Like I said I have grown up in Tauranga for 18 years and never have I ever experienced anything like this. I would never stay here again and I am willing to take this further as they should not be in this part of hospitality and service.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank JasO21
nemich001, Manager at Durham Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

Thanks for your review.

So sorry to hear about your shocking experience.
The cleaner who flicked you with a towel has subsequently been fired and the manager does no longer work here.
However we did make a call to him to clear up any misunderstandings and apparently you guys were partying quite badly and they were going to evict you guys of the property for excessive noise as there also heaps of complaints about noise.

We took over here in March and we pride our self's on professional behavior so please come and give us another chance.

Reviewed January 14, 2017

Over priced beyond belief, The interior is 1980. Paint missing in most rooms...flooring ..stained carpets..lino marked with chips out of it. Ripped wallpaper. Grounds look like a rubbish tip at rear of units. Noisy and awoken at 5,00am by presumably a council rubbish truck. This motel is in serious need of a modern upgrade.
Next time I'll take care to read the reviews! We'll be back - Yeah right!!

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2016 via mobile

We couldn't believe how out dated the interior was.
Ripped wallpaper.
Grounds un kept
Tiles missing in swimming pool.
Toilet not clean.
Have to say the guy (owner) was friendly and understanding and refunded us in full.
This motel is in serious need of a modern upgrade.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2016 via mobile

I stayed two nights here recently while visiting Tauranga. The location is good as its only a short walk to the bars and restaurants in the Tauranga CBD. The room was dated and dreary with old furniture. Definitely not a nice place to stay. I'm sure Tauranga has better value for money than this place. I definitely wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2016 via mobile

Easy check in. Room was spacious, clean, and warm. Very convenient to downtown restaurants but kitchen facilities are in the room for some basic food preparation. No restaurant at hotel, but cafe nearby. Would certainly stay again.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business