All reviewsspa bathtea and coffeeclose to townnext morningunit
Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

I travel all over NZ and I wasn't impressed by this place.

From my check in I gut a bad vibe from an unfriendly lady with a really bad attitude on the front desk. Made me feel unwelcome.

My room was freezing upon arrival with all the windows open at 6pm on a cold 7 degree day.

The room was very tired with upgrades required.

In the bathroom the soap was listed on the wall in the shower, but the dispensers were empty. I feel this is a cheap way of providing the guest essentials, but they couldn't even get that right.

No TV in the main bedroom... I like to watch TV in bed when travelling alone. I'm sure this would be a good improvement.

My room had a so bath, but when I ran the bath, a dirty film settled on top of the water. I presume this was from a mix of dirty residue and cleaning product.

The heating is poor. A small heater to hear a large room...

A bit of live and care required to improve this motel along with a better attitude from the lady on the front desk.

I won't be back here.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business
2  Thank mon_teeth
Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

Booked in at a great price during a super busy weekend for Tauranga. Place is clean and tidy and you can't complain at the pricing for what you get and location in my opinion.
Owners were absolutely lovely and accommodating of our needs which was much appreciated by all.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank EmmaPuletaha
Reviewed July 11, 2016

Very run down, old everything. The hot water didn't work - but they did fix it. Jets in the "spa bath" didn't work.

I was just there for a quick night, which was good enough, but it's fairly backward - wouldn't stay again. Best thing about it is it's location - quick walk to the waterfront.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed June 22, 2016

This place is not very good. Bed was uncomfortable
Room 1 bed apartment was cold and very rough
TV was rubbish
For what you pay you will find a lot better
$2 per hour for wifi is a rip off.
there are plenty of options in Tauranga so look else where for better value.
this motel is very tired.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2016

I'm not in the habit of doing poor reviews, I always try to be honest and I was pretty disappointed with our stay here. Although cleanish the room smelled really quite musty. The furniture is dated and the peeling wallpaper shows that some attention is needed. That said, it has only changed hands recently so perhaps good things are afoot..
The ''spa bath'' left a lot to be desired. Its a tired looking old tub with quite the wear on the base and badly cracked ceramic. There are nice touches in the bathroom with complimentary bodywash and shampoo but overall has quite a dingey feel.
The carpet in the bedroom is badly fitted, so much so there are ripples and a bad patch up job done. It seems hoovers there dont go into corners well either..
The bed was fairly comfy although there was no quilt cover on the quilt, just a throw on top of it. The street and road noise, teamed with the noisy fridge, dont bode well for a fitful nights sleep and I was very glad to be up and out with the birds just after 7am.
All in, a disappointing stay and I wouldnt recommend. Sorry!

Room Tip: Somewhere else?
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple