I found this motel on the tripadviser website, my previous experience with these motel/hotel ratings were great but this one is really disappointing.
- Good location and friendly Staff
- Some harbour view
- Bad value for money
- Small space, don't even have room for a couch.
- Somewhat dirty: my wife noticed spider web on vent and corner.
- Poor facilities: toilet flush button stucks and noisy heater
- Terrible sound proofing: I can clearly hear next door's conversation and people down stairs shutting their door.
- Poor service: the fridge was turned OFF, I didn't realise this until next morning. Yes I could have checked but no I don't think that's a customer's responsibility to check this.
- No cooking facility
Consider they charge $150 NZD for the cheapest room, which is not exactly cheap, I would expect them to fulfill some really basic requirements like good sound proofing and cleanliness.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Tauranga on the Waterfront Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Tauranga