“Chic and modern in the centre of town”
Review of Hotel on Devonport

Hotel on Devonport
Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Tauranga
Perth, Australia
“Chic and modern in the centre of town”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

A modern and clean hotel perfect for your stay in Tauranga. Staff at the front desk were very friendly and secure parking was provided for free. Only a short walk to a strip of fabulous restaurants and our glass of wine on arrival was a nice little touch!

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
auckland
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We highly recommend this hotel. Great location, clean, quiet,spacious rooms. Very friendly staff. We asked for a late checkout which we were accommodated with and when I mentioned that it was my partners birthday, we received a small bottle of wine. Very nice touch.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed March 9, 2013

WOW, from the check in staff to the room itself, you cannot fault this hotel. Located absolutely central in Tauranga within walking distance to mostly everything. My husband and I stayed here for our 22nd wedding anniversary. A real treat I might add. On arrival to our room to our delight a personal note of congratulations with a couple of champagne glasses and a little bottle of champers. This I did not expect and a beautiful start to our stay. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay again. The room was faultlessly clean and fresh and the staff who were willing to go that extra mile. Large very comfortable bed and a gorgeous spa bath with the condiments to go with it. Ok so no pool, bit of a downer but seriously only a 10 min drive to beautiful Mount Maunganui and our room had a lovely view of the water. Another surprise was the location of almost everything you could want. Walking distance to the waterfront, bars, restaurants and everything you could possibly need. I can't wait for our next visit....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank splatman01
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed March 4, 2013

the Hotel Devonport is a nice enough hotel but the place has no facilities. No Bar, No Restaurant, No Gym, No Pool and no views of the Harbour. When I got there I was going to park in the Hotel Guest VIP parking space on the street to check in only to find the Lift engineers station wagon parked there and I got very angry as I ended up getting the back door treatment having to enter the hotel through the basement. Not a Good start. I booked the suite but I was not that impressed with the room although nice enough had cheap shower fittings and the air conditioning did not work properly. In the end I think it an overpriced featureless hotel with very ordinary service.
I will not be staying there again. It's good money wasted. I think the rooms are only worth $130 a night not $200 - $250 a night. overpriced CRAP!!

Room Tip: don't bother with hotel on devonport, find a better hotel or just get a cheap motel room because...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here for new years it was lovely, by far one of the best hotels I've stayed at in New Zealand. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, we were treated to a complimentary drink and nibbles on arrival which we received in our room. The room was very modern and clean, good use of space with the wardrobe come fridge/mini bar. Complimentary bathrobes (always a nice touch) and a lovely little deck. We found the bed a bit odd as it had two single mattresses which made things a little uncomfortable - it just meant we had to sleep on our own sides of the bed. We ended up having to cut our trip short and the staff were happy to refund our money once they'd confirmed bookings with other guests.

The hotel is central to Tauranga city so restaurants are actually just outside the hotel doorsteps. We recommend Flying Burrito brothers but make sure you make a booking (especially Sundays).

Another great feature is the secure parking. I could't find a pool so I'm not sure if they have one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide
Reviewed February 23, 2013

One of the best hotels I have stayed at. Friendly staff on arrival set the scene for a great visit. Rooms are very modern and stylish, and the bed was really comfortable. Complimentary drink on arrival, plus a few extra personal touches really made this a great place to stay. Central to shops and restaurants was also a plus for me.
Would definitely like to come back on holiday !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hotel was fresh and modern. Friendly staff. Nice little touches - complimentary juice and newspaper,. Close to restaurants and the city centre. Very easy to get out and back to Mount Maunganui. We loved it

Room Tip: rooms on the west side face the parking lot - but we didn't care don't have a room for the v...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple