“Lived up to its reviews”
Review of Hotel on Devonport

Hotel on Devonport
Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Tauranga
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Had a great short break here. The room was great, the service was great, the location was great, the breakfast was great. I've stayed in a lot of hotels around the world and this stands up with the best of them. I would go back here in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 8th floor and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel on Devonport

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We have used this hotel for seminars on two occasions, and stayed the night. The staff are excellent, and I would highly recommend this hotel. Rooms are modern, large, and well appointed. There is no restaurant in the hotel, but there are excellent cafes and restaurants all around here so an in-house one is not needed.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 22, 2012

On arrival the staff were very helpful, quick sign in and then offered a complimentary drink, choice of orange juice, wine or beer. This was brought up to the room with a packet of nibbles so a nice welcome touch. Very comfortable bed and the decorating was pleasant. Mini bar with good choice of food and drinks. I was on the street side of the hotel and could not hear any road traffic at all.
Only negative point was the shower water was not a very good flow, but the spa bath made up for that.

Overall good value for money and a pleasant two day stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sooz115
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed here for a night while in tauranga. A bit expensive but worth every cent. Great service n clean room. We had a superb view of the harbour... Will def return. If you want to experimence the views of tauranga at night.. This is the place! 0800 fabulous!!!! :-)

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 21, 2012

As you enter the room you realise the place is upmarket. Pity about the free drink on arrival which was sweet red box wine type with major headache potential. The place was immaculately clean and the bed very comfortable. Situated in the heart of the city with a multitude of restaurants in close proximity. The spa bath was a reasonable size. I am over six foot so often I can't wait to get out whereas here I was able to relax a while.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I am a public servant and this hotel is one of our preferred providers. Everything is charged back to my employers....or so I thought! I had stayed at this hotel previously, and when I was asked for credit card details on that occasion, I advised that I don't have one (by personal choice), but was still given a room. Tonight, I was refused a room for not having a credit card - even though everything is charged back to my employer. I get that it may be company/hotel policy to ask for credit card details in case something goes missing, or something from the mini-bar needs replacing, etc....I get that. But what I don't get is why there is no consistency in the application of that policy? On the previous occasion I was allowed a room even though I never had a credit card, as everything was charged back; on this occasion I wasn't! Similar situation, same employer, different duty manager, different outcome. So I had a tired trip back to Hamilton, then will have to get up early tomorrow morning to drive back to Tauranga for an 8am meeting. And to top it off, the duty manager advised that she would be charging me for the room - the same room she wouldn't give me because I had no credit card. A very unfortunate experience!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank Sahiyena T
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This hotel is at the upper end of the Tauranga hotel price range.
We moved to this hotel after our previous one smelly a bit funny.
Lovely expereince from check in to check out. Great off street parking. Wonderful front desk, very helpful. Free papers and glossy mags. If you book on line a bottle of complementary bubbles is thrown in. Only small snag was we used wi-fi on our tablet and the hotel delivered to our room a nifty wee device to use, we check with the staff member that this was free. Upon check we discovered we had been charged but once we explained there was no issue and the amount was deducted. Great service, spotlessly clean and lovely big bed. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple