“Great Family Option”

Ranked #2 of 57 Hotels in Tauranga
RPV, CA
“Great Family Option”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is a great value for families. We have three teen age girls and stayed in Unit #1. Plenty of room for everyone - units well appointed and clean. The hosts were very nice and helped me with a couple of problems in a kind a freindly manner. They gave us a short carton of milk when we checked in for hot chocolate and our morning coffee - a very nice touch. I was able to do a much needed load of laundry and felt as though we got a little rest during a very active vacation. The hotel is centrally located to the major road ways, down town, the marina and many restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bay of Plenty Region, New Zealand
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The unit was well equipped for a studio, with a microwave and hot plates for cooking. It was clean and comfortable and, though it was a Saturday night, there was little road noise. However, we weren't tempted to sit out on the deck which looked a little shabby. The host was helpful and friendly, and we thought it was good value for a city motel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed March 31, 2013

A little street noise in the morning, next time I would stay on other side of motel, away from street, hosts very friendly, rooms nice and clean, ice in freezer. Warm welcome and farewell. Spa or small pool out of action when I was there

Room Tip: Stay away from main road if you want a sleep in
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. The place is AMAZING, perfect – too cheap for what it offers in fact! Thank you a nice lady who made me laugh when I checked in on Valentines Day while Judith and Mike were away and we continued talking about receiving red roses the next morning when you serviced my unit. Congratulations on such a happy, positive-thinking member of staff Mike and Judith!
Massive and very comfortable bed, kitchen and bathroom well equipped. Shower was the best I experienced in NZ motels. There is a nice, clean looking pool that I did not have time to use, but everyone I saw there sounded happy!
Mike’s and Judith’s approach to guests is incomparable to anywhere I stayed – Judith, your smile will stay with me forever! Mike – yours too! Seeing you in the mornings running around like 20 year old one (you are 29 I know!), making sure everything is perfect was a good start of a day and made me smile!
My unit (25) had breath-taking views of The Mount and the Tauranga harbour (see photos I took from the terrace)
I travelled to over 50 countries in the world (extensively in New Zealand and stayed in Tauranga in other motel before my stay just this week), but Summit just feels the greatest. I would not look anywhere else while you are in Tauranga– easily reached from everywhere, with a small shop and what looked like busy take-away a minute away.
Mike and Judith only started to manage the motel 3-4 years ago and they only had one “terrible” review here. Mike’s reply to the unsatisfied guest just shows what a nice, caring and understanding person he is. This one negative comment I read here is just an unfortunate result of stressful situation guests were experiencing, I cannot think of anything bad to say about the place…
Mike and Judith, you look, act and should be proud of the service you provide, well done and keep on good work! Coming back next year and will recommend you to all I know heading to Tauranga.
Missing it already, best from Auckland,on the way to London

Agata

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Boston, USA
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Summit Motor Lodge on January 23, 2013. The owners gave us excellent directions to several restaurant choices for dinner and were more than happy to give us any information regarding local stores and attractions. We needed a grocery store and were lucky enough to have one within walking distance.

The owners were great and our room was neat and clean all at a moderate price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Title sums it all, we stayed in an executive studio with its own kitchen and bathroom. For the price we paid it was very well worth it! Location is great with only a 5 minute drive to the city, we got plenty of groceries and cooked our own meals. Mike was very warm and cheerful in welcoming us when we arrived. The service we received was excellent! I would absolutely come back and stay here again if i were to return to Tauranga. I would recommend this place to anyone who's looking for a place to stay in Tauranga.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed at this motel/hotel for a couple of nights. It's the height of summer in NZ and the weather in the Bay of Plenty had been absolutely stunning. If you have kids, this accomodation is perfect. There are 3 single beds and a queen bed in a 1 bedroom unit. Across the road is a gas station, dairy, and takeaway shop. It has a suburbia feeling but its close to cbd and all main beaches and eatery. The hosts are very accomodating. We had a great time.

• Stayed January 2013