Stopped in for a night at Hotel Armitage during our honeymoon having read positive reviews. When booking our room we decided to take advantage of the 'rep special' for dinner and breakfast vouchers.
Our dining experience was awful, for the following reasons:
1. I was told the soup of the day was a creamy mushroom, when it arrived it was cold tomato soup.
2. Waitress was slow, had no knowledge of the menu or options.
3. Waitress did not return to the table to give us the opportunity to note the mistake or make a complaint.
4. My main course of chicken and bacon fettucini was bland and the chicken was burnt black.
5. Another dinner received both their starter and main before our food had been received, despite us placing our order 20 minutes before he had arrived in the restaurant.
6. The 'lamb steak' was actually a lamb stew.
7. Not given an opportunity to order a drink, we were only given water on the table.
8. On trying to address the issues we were met with awkward laughter and no apology.
Furthermore, we have since discovered that a continental breakfast is currently included in the price we paid for our room as a part of the 'winter special' advertised on the hotel website. This is not something we were made aware of when booking at reception and so have paid excessively for awful food, terrible service in the restaurant and a black mark against Tauranga on our Honeymoon trip through North Island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled conveniently in the heart of Tauranga's CBD, your ideal inner city accommodation. The Hotel Armitage and Conference Centre is located only a 3-minute walk from the hustle and bustle of the main center in Tauranga. You'll find Tauranga's vibrant nightlife and great shopping at your doorstep and of course Mount Maunganui with its renown white sandy beaches is only a short leisurely drive away. The Hotel Armitage and Conference Centre is a charming 3.5 star Qualmark rated, 24 hour service hotel offering the discerning traveller comfortable and spacious hotel accommodation. Enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi and car parking* to make your stay feel like a home away from home. The Poolside Restaurant situated on the ground floor offers an international fare of tastes and flavours using the Bay of Plenty's abundant 'fruit bowl" as some of its core ingredients. Other facilities in the hotel include the Clipper Lounge Bar with a grand piano and a pool table for socialising. The swimming pool and outdoor area is a fantastic place for relaxation. Swim a few laps in the large pool, soak in the spa pool and find a nice lounger to recline on with a cool drink. The Hotel Armitage and Conference Centre is a great venue for your next Tauranga conference or event with five function rooms to choose from each with different points of difference. Our professional and friendly conference team are happy to assist you with making your event a success. Send us an enquiry about our competitive rates ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Armitage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armitage Hotel Tauranga