“Hobbiton tour” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Tauranga Shore Excursion: Rotorua Highlights
Ranked #11 of 59 Tours in Tauranga
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing friendly, informative fully guided Day Tours and Shore Excursions from Tauranga and Auckland .Travel to Rotorua, New Zealand’s thermal wonderland! Experience Maori culture, geothermal forces, beautiful scenery and adventure. We also offer day tours which combine Rotorua with either Waitomo Caves, Hobbiton Movie Set location, or Taupo’s Huka Falls to name a few. We’re Qualmark certified, guarantee prompt service, comfortable transport, value for money and committed to showing you the best New Zealand sights.
Western Australia
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 165 helpful votes
“Hobbiton tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We booked online for a Hobbiton tour on the day our cruise ship was in Tauranga. We were met at the gates of the port and taken to Hobbiton in a very clean, comfortable 'people mover' and our guide was knowledgeable and affable. Hobbiton is definitely a place not to be missed and the two hour tour (by Ian) was very well organised. Our Zealandier tour guide met us at the end of the Hobbiton tour and drove us back to Tauranga in time for a quick shop in Tauranga before boarding our cruise ship again. All in all an excellent day

Visited January 2013
7 Thank AussieChook
Jan D, Owner at Zealandier Tours, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Hi "AussieChook"

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent trip to Hobbiton Movie Set from the port of Tauranga. Hobbiton Movie Set really is a tour not to be missed when you are so close, so well done for choosing this tour . The movie set is just gorgeous, the Hobbit holes are incredible , the gardens are just amazing, but I love the Green Dragon Inn. Trust you enjoyed your tankard of ale / cider or gingerbeer whilst in the Inn.
Hope you enjoyed your time in NZ and saw many sights in every port.

Moscow, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

We found Zealandier Tours through TripAdvisor. We were visiting New Zealand on a cruise ship and decided to do all North Island tours (Auckland, Tauranga/Rotorua and Napier (the latter with their sub-contractor)) with them. Thanks to Jan and Mike we fell in love with the country and its people. Our tours were amazing. Everything from booking the tours and discussing our needs via e-mail to quickly deciding on necessary adjustments to tour routes and mix of sights to match our timing and wishes was flawless. Thank you for making our visit to New Zealand a memorable one!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Vasily M
Jan D, Owner at Zealandier Tours, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Hello Vasily

I thank you for your great review of your tours and time spent in New Zealand this year . I must apologize for lateness with my response, but we have been so busy over this cruise season . Mike & I thoroughly enjoyed you and your families company, both in Auckland & again in Rotorua . We trust you enjoyed your time at Hobbiton Movie set after we dropped you off. It really is a fantastic place to visit. Vasily , you have such a beautiful family and we were thrilled to have been blessed to meet them all . Trust your daughter is doing well back and school, and that you & your wife are still travelling. Please say hello to your mother in law for us too .

Remember that "he who lives long see's much , but he who travels sees more". I wish you all a long life and plenty of travelling.

Jan & Mike
Toowoomba
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A wonderful day with Jan from Zealandier Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We would like to compliment you for the tour you gave us at Tauranga and the surrounding area,/ Rotorua. The local knowledge and insight was very interesting and sights fantastic.
We all enjoyed the day immensely and would like to thank you for your input into making that part of our holiday a memorable one.
(Our lunch venue that day was excellent - Thanks)
The remaining trip was also very interesting and we thoroughly enjoyed New Zealand, Thanks for sharing.

Sorry, Bob found his passport and returned to Australia, hope you didn't make a bed for him!

With Best Wishes for 2013
Kind Regards
Al & Sue, Bob & Jen, Dave & Lyn and Manny & Joan.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Alan K
Jan D, Owner at Zealandier Tours, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Hi Allan

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I am very sorry its taken me so long to respond. This cruise season has been exceptionally busy for us but I am thankful that I took the time to come out of the office to host you and your group personally. I thoroughly enjoyed the day & your company. Tell Bob, yes I made his bed , but lucky he found his passport because my daughter and her little ones came and occupied the bed spaces for several weeks over the holiday time. I am sure he had more fun on his travels around NZ. I guess you all have been back working hard since your vacation and possibly getting ready for your next break . I would like to say thank you for travelling with us whilst here in NZ and wish you all a very happy Easter holiday .

Kind regards

Adelaide, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Voyager of the seas cruise ship”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

My wife and I went to New Zealand in a cruise ship and we book a tour with Zealandier tours, we booked the Lord of the rings hobbiton and Rotorura, however due to the premier of the Hobbits the movie hobbiton was closed on that day. They keep us informed all the time and because they could take us to the hobitton they takes us to the redwoods forest and dress us with Lord of the rings customs and swords, we took amazing photos.

We did more things that the tours provided by the cruise ship and half the Price. I really recommend Zealandier tours, they are reliable, nice and they were always on time.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Fbustillo
Jan D, Owner at Zealandier Tours, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Hello Fernando

Thank you for your kind words and for being so understanding about not being able to visit the Hobbiton Movie Set . I hope you took lots of pictures in the forest in your costume and with your swords. Next time you visit NZ please give us a call and we will meet you at the airport and take you to Hobbiton Movie Set personally. There are two more films to be released so maybe later this year.

Take care

Mike & Jan
Sydney, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“One Happy Day at the Bay of Plenty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We booked a private Tauranga Sightseeing Tour for our shore excursion when we visited Tauranga on Voyager of the Seas on November 29th. There were so many uncertain things I was concerned about before arriving at Tauranga. For example, there were miles of queues inside the big ship and long wait time at Auckland before we were finally let out from the ship. But Jan assured us that everything would be OK. Everything went so smoothly at Tauranga that we started wondering whether we were at the same country of NZ. Volunteers distributed maps and guides with broad smiles and it was very easy to find Zealandier Tour people outside the port gate.

The tour was excellent and Sue, the guide went quite a few miles extra to show us as much as possible around the Bay of Plenty. It was simply a great, happy day for six of us, two couples from the UK and us from Sydney.

You can see a slideshow of our visit to Tauranga at

Many thanks to Jan and Sue.

Visited November 2012
Jan D, Manager at Zealandier Tours, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Hello SlowWalkerY
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and photos about your experience in the Bay of Plenty. We are very proud of the Port of Tauranga and the way they provide a great service for cruise ship passengers. We are blessed to live in such a beautiful part of New Zealand and we believe our Extensive local tour of Tauranga which you took showcases the region well. I thank you for positive feedback in regards to Sue , your guide for the day . Zealandier Tours has a set of core values which we operate our business by and we are delighted when we here that our staff outwork these values. I will pass on your praises to Sue , along with the link to your photos.
I am very pleased that I was able to meet you on the port prior to you travelling off on your tour, its always very nice to put a face to a name.