“A wonderful day with Jan from Zealandier Tours”
Review of Zealandier Tours

$119.00*
Tauranga Shore Excursion: Lord of the Rings Hobbiton Movie Set Tour
$116.75*
and up
Tauranga Shore Excursion: Te Puia Maori Cultural Centre and Rotorua City...
Ranked #10 of 59 Tours in Tauranga
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing friendly, informative fully guided Day Tours and Shore Excursions from Tauranga and Auckland .Travel to Rotorua, New Zealand’s thermal wonderland! Experience Maori culture, geothermal forces, beautiful scenery and adventure. We also offer day tours which combine Rotorua with either Waitomo Caves, Hobbiton Movie Set location, or Taupo’s Huka Falls to name a few. We’re Qualmark certified, guarantee prompt service, comfortable transport, value for money and committed to showing you the best New Zealand sights.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We would like to compliment you for the tour you gave us at Tauranga and the surrounding area,/ Rotorua. The local knowledge and insight was very interesting and sights fantastic.
We all enjoyed the day immensely and would like to thank you for your input into making that part of our holiday a memorable one.
(Our lunch venue that day was excellent - Thanks)
The remaining trip was also very interesting and we thoroughly enjoyed New Zealand, Thanks for sharing.

Sorry, Bob found his passport and returned to Australia, hope you didn't make a bed for him!

With Best Wishes for 2013
Kind Regards
Al & Sue, Bob & Jen, Dave & Lyn and Manny & Joan.

1  Thank Alan K
Jan D, Owner at Zealandier Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Hi Allan

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I am very sorry its taken me so long to respond. This cruise season has been exceptionally busy for us but I am thankful that I took the time to come out of the office to host you and your group personally. I thoroughly enjoyed the day & your company. Tell Bob, yes I made his bed , but lucky he found his passport because my daughter and her little ones came and occupied the bed spaces for several weeks over the holiday time. I am sure he had more fun on his travels around NZ. I guess you all have been back working hard since your vacation and possibly getting ready for your next break . I would like to say thank you for travelling with us whilst here in NZ and wish you all a very happy Easter holiday .

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for Zealandier Tours

Reviewed December 22, 2012

My wife and I went to New Zealand in a cruise ship and we book a tour with Zealandier tours, we booked the Lord of the rings hobbiton and Rotorura, however due to the premier of the Hobbits the movie hobbiton was closed on that day. They keep us informed all the time and because they could take us to the hobitton they takes us to the redwoods forest and dress us with Lord of the rings customs and swords, we took amazing photos.

We did more things that the tours provided by the cruise ship and half the Price. I really recommend Zealandier tours, they are reliable, nice and they were always on time.

3  Thank Fbustillo
Jan D, Owner at Zealandier Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Hello Fernando

Thank you for your kind words and for being so understanding about not being able to visit the Hobbiton Movie Set . I hope you took lots of pictures in the forest in your costume and with your swords. Next time you visit NZ please give us a call and we will meet you at the airport and take you to Hobbiton Movie Set personally. There are two more films to be released so maybe later this year.

Take care

Mike & Jan

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We booked a private Tauranga Sightseeing Tour for our shore excursion when we visited Tauranga on Voyager of the Seas on November 29th. There were so many uncertain things I was concerned about before arriving at Tauranga. For example, there were miles of queues inside the big ship and long wait time at Auckland before we were finally let out from the ship. But Jan assured us that everything would be OK. Everything went so smoothly at Tauranga that we started wondering whether we were at the same country of NZ. Volunteers distributed maps and guides with broad smiles and it was very easy to find Zealandier Tour people outside the port gate.

The tour was excellent and Sue, the guide went quite a few miles extra to show us as much as possible around the Bay of Plenty. It was simply a great, happy day for six of us, two couples from the UK and us from Sydney.

You can see a slideshow of our visit to Tauranga at

Many thanks to Jan and Sue.

Jan D, Manager at Zealandier Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Hello SlowWalkerY
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and photos about your experience in the Bay of Plenty. We are very proud of the Port of Tauranga and the way they provide a great service for cruise ship passengers. We are blessed to live in such a beautiful part of New Zealand and we believe our Extensive local tour of Tauranga which you took showcases the region well. I thank you for positive feedback in regards to Sue , your guide for the day . Zealandier Tours has a set of core values which we operate our business by and we are delighted when we here that our staff outwork these values. I will pass on your praises to Sue , along with the link to your photos.
I am very pleased that I was able to meet you on the port prior to you travelling off on your tour, its always very nice to put a face to a name.

Kindest regards

Reviewed November 6, 2012

i was on the look out for a particular fishing jacket in nz recently with very littlle success. whilst at tauranga on a zealander tour our guide( wendy ) took me to a shop which provided me wiith exactly what i wanted,. as i have had a stroke & with limited mobilty her assistance with my reqirements was exceptional. quality staff denotes a good company. bob c.

Jan D, Owner at Zealandier Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Hello Bob

I wish to thank you for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback on your experience with us whilst travelling in New Zealand and in particular from the port of Tauranga. Its always great to hear praise for our staff and I will be sure to pass your message and comments on to Wendy.

Kindest regards

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We booked a private tour to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary and from the early stages of planning what we were to do to dropping us back home at our door we were very impressed with the level of service offered by Jan and her team!
On the morning of our tour we were picked up at our door and when we went to get into the van we were made to feel very welcome and special by all the personal touches added and set up just for us!
We did a wine and food tour around the local area and Jan took us to many places we didn't even know were on our back door! We meet some lovely people on the day and made some beautiful memories that we will treasure for years to come! The day was a perfect mix of interesting as well as meaningful and romantic!
Thank you Jan.We would recommend Zealandier Tours to anyone looking for a great experciance!

Greg and Carmel Carr