Tripadvisor
Tauranga
Post
Inbox
Search

“Usually good, but tonite was”

The Barrio Brothers Tauranga
Reserve a Table
Ranked #12 of 508 Restaurants in Tauranga
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Usually good, but tonite was slow service (especially considering how slow it was tonite). Poor table attendance, zero drink repeat orders, advised waiting staff the remaining of one meal would be taken, and were delivered an empty box, bar request for an additional drink was totally forgotten. Staff seemed more interested in what other staff were up to, while customers sat perplexed.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (426)

Reviewed December 7, 2019 via mobile

I took the family for a celebration.
When I went to pay I offered my Entertainment book voucher for discount of one main meal. Waitress said she had taken it off. When I checked my invoice next day I noticed she had done no such thing. This is not the first time this sort of thing has happened here. I guess the think if you are over 65 then you are not savvy enough to notice. Won't go back again and will make sure I tell others as well

Date of visit: December 2019
joshf1985, Owner at The Barrio Brothers Tauranga, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2019

Hi There,

So sorry if we did not remove the meal off your bill when using an entertainment voucher. I am 100% sure it is just a misunderstanding. Please contact us on 075788363 or tauranga@barriobrothers.co.nz so that we can make it up to you!

Keeping our customer's satisfied is our number one priority so I would really appreciate it if you can get in touch with us.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Jose

Reviewed December 4, 2019

I wish I lived closer, because I love this place. It's sit-down knife/fork Mexican (most things have sauce), but seems to have forgotten to be pretentious. Everything we ordered was fantastic, at reasonable prices.

This is unusual for New Zealand. For other folks from the US, it's closest to the sit-down Mexican restaurants that spread across the US in the 70's and 80's - but better quality and updated sensibly for NZ tastes.

Date of visit: October 2019

Reviewed September 17, 2019 via mobile

We eat here fairly regularly because we love it. The queso dip and frozen margaritas are a must every visit! We usually have the guacamole and tacos too. Can say we’ve probably almost eaten the whole menu though. Great food and great service!

Date of visit: September 2019
joshf1985, General Manager at The Barrio Brothers Tauranga, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2019

Reviewed September 3, 2019

We loved the comfy cushions and furniture in the front section of the restaurant. Good kids' menu. Nice ambience.

Date of visit: August 2019