“Very popular - for a good reason!”

The Barrio Brothers Tauranga
Ranked #6 of 408 Restaurants in Tauranga
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Awesome atmosphere inside. We were lucky to get a table for two at 630pm which is saying something.. (it's surprising how large this restaurant it once inside)..
Cocktail's & the Bar was great! Huge selection. Awesome live music even though it was a solo dude on a guitar.
The Fried chicken as entree was tasty but could have been a lot hotter (heat not spice). We ordered 2x Tacos each - the beef was a little bland but the pork was sensational! One thing that let the taco's down was that their homemade taco tortillas were very strong in flavour - a bit over powering to be honest.

I have to say the older menu was better but I still found lots I would like to try. If you are a fan of Tex Mex, you must try!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Fab margaritas especially the frozen ones are great value and amazing drunk in the sun in their cute little courtyard.. Great food and what an awesome environment the courtyard is fantastic!

1  Thank rochellep123
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Went with family and friends to celebrate 3 birthday's 10, 52 and 60. Party of 8. All had fantastic time. Were very well looked after. Food and drinks arrived on time and were all delicious. Happy birthday sung 3 times and 3 pieces of cake with candles for the birthday people. Have been before with friends and always have an awesome time. Will definitely be back. Thanks to everyone for making the night special. Sunday 1 June.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

When eating out with friends here not long ago, I really enjoyed the overall experience of the Flying Burrito Brothers. The staff were mostly helpful, although it was very busy and the vibe of the restaurant is nice if a little loud. I had an AMAZING churros dessert but found my main of tacos smaller than anticipated and therefore, overpriced somewhat. They do a great range of delicious cocktails and the bar atmosphere is great.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We were staying in Mt Maunganui for a night and really wanted to have Mexican for dinner so we finally decided on this place after checking out reviews on tripadvisor. The place is really nice, very unique in its decor and got us excited. We waited a few minutes before being seated, not sure why since the restaurant wasn't full, finally sat down and we ordered some entrees, drinks and mains. I got a virgin pina colada and when it came and I tasted it I couldn't drink it because it was too sweet and over powering, I really didn't like it but I wasn't going to say anything until my husband told the waitress. She took my drink away then came back to say "my manager tried and said that's how it's supposed to taste" with an annoyed look on her face, she ended up swapping it for a mojito which I enjoyed a lot more. That waitress wasn't very pleasant the rest of the night and made us feel uncomfortable and unwelcome which we really didn't appreciate.

The food on the other hand was very very good, we had fried chicken with a chipotle mayo, my husband died for this entree and didn't want to eat anything else. Mains were fajitas and enchiladas, food was so generous and we couldn't even get through half our meals, it was very delicious and I would definitely return for the food even though service was lacking, maybe the girl was having a bad day. The manager on the other hand was actually very nice, we met him as we were checking out and he was very friendly and warm.

Can't wait till this place opens in Auckland!