“Great price”

The Barrio Brothers Tauranga
Ranked #6 of 377 Restaurants in Tauranga
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

A group of work mates went along as they have a 2 for the price of 1 on a Wednesday night. Very busy & I think short staffed, the waitresses were run off their feet. Food good basic Mexican. Just a little disappointing we couldn't get any cream to go with the cake we'd bought, even though we asked at least 3 times. Said we'd have to pay, we said that's fine then they told us the chefs were too busy to make it........

Visited July 2013
josh f, Owner at The Barrio Brothers Tauranga, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Hi there,
Thanks for the feed back, I would just like to apologize as it seems we fell short of a few of your expectations. You are right in that we were short staffed, we are normally busy on Wednesday nights but not that busy so I'm sure everyone looked a bit frantic.
We had one chef sick that night so the guys we just doing their best to keep up with the orders and as silly as it might sound they just didn't have time to do anything but that, any other day if would not have been a problem we do it all the time.
We really value our customers and love the fact they are enjoying our promos, we will do our best to make sure this doesn't happens again.

“Some of the best mexican I've ever had”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I was staying in Tauranga for the first time with my mum and dad and I suggested that we go out for dinner here after seeing the words "live music" jump out at me. I had some of the tomato salsa dipping sauce with some corn chips, dang they were yummy. I ordered the chicken fajita and, oh my god, it was delicious. The chicken was tender and the capsicum was cooked to perfection. It came out served with sour cream, salad, guac, more of the salsa, everything you'd need. My dad ordered a steak (go figure) and said it was beautiful while my mum ordered the fish burritos and said she felt fuller than she had ever felt. The atmosphere was amazing and we were seated in a nice booth under a light so we were perfectly able to see. I will definitely be returning here next time I visit :)

• Visited June 2013
josh f, Owner at The Barrio Brothers Tauranga, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thanks for the great review!!
Rotorua, New Zealand
“Great Chimichangas!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We ate here last week, this is the first time I have had chimichangas in NZ. They were great! Very busy popular restaurant by the looks of it. We had takeways which were done in no time at all. Nice to be offered seat at the bar while we were waiting. Will definitely here again.

• Visited June 2013
josh f, Owner at The Barrio Brothers Tauranga, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Glad you enjoyed the Chimi they are a great takeaway option!!
Hell, Norway
“Never disappointed here...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

We've dined here a few times, and it's always hit the spot. Attentive service, the food is fresh, imaginative and not at all pretentious.

The cheese dip starter is great, but you'll need a party of four to do it justice! Burritos, chimichangas, tacos: they're all a triumph.

A word of warning, you'll probably need to book as it's deservedly popular. Also, the sound bounces off the walls when it's busy, so come early if you want to chat...

• Visited May 2013
Thanks for the positive feedback, see you again soon!!
Gold Coast Qld
“Fantastic food, great buzz”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have deliberately avoided "Mexican" food living on the Gold Coast Queensland because the food here is so bad. The food at this place is terrific and great value by Australian standards

I would go back tomorrow 5 stars

• Visited May 2013
josh f, Owner at The Barrio Brothers Tauranga, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thanks for the great feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed everything maybe you'll see a Flying Burrito Brothers over there one day!!